2004 Chevrolet Colorado 2.8L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual 6.1 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Z71 4WD LS 5 cyl

2004 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Review

Z71 LS Extended Cab Pickup (2.8L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual 6.1 ft. Bed)

Z71 4WD LS 5 cyl auto
By jeffk on

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I took my truck from Seattle to So. Cali. to visit family. Yes I had to cross the mountains which according to the gotta have V6 / V8's fans said the Colorado was very poor on power. I was more than very pleased to find this little 5 cyl was truely much more powerful then I thought. The gas mileage was also very good on this long trip averaging for the total trip mid 22 MPG. Overall comfort was quite nice considering I was driving a 4WD truck. The interior is just about the same as the rest of the trucks out there, not very exciting. Then for a few dollars I can have the interior trim peices painted to brighten things up.

Favorite Features

Overal size; The interior is more than ample both head and side by side in front, while the rear seats remain for teens when traveling any real distance. The exterior styling is great. Looks like a real truck.

Suggested Improvements

Interior dash styling. It looks a little plain but then it was on par with the rest of the trucks.