2004 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Review: My first new truck

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Review

My first new truck
By Joe on

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I have put about 10000 on this truck already and and have had only one major issue. The inner treads on my front tires are wearing very fast. I brought it back to the dealership who agreed that the truck was out of alignment and proceeded to align the truck. The problem did not stop.My tires are continuing to wear ABNORMALLY fast on the inner treads in the front of the vehicle.The dealer stated that because the truck was within "factory specs" for alignment that my problem was "normal wear and tear". Ive had a second and third opinion on this issue and have concluded that the local Chevy dealer is wrong. So I am now in the process of dealing with Chevy corporate about the problem.

Looks Awesome. Love having four doors. Decent on gas (4 cyl). Drives good. Perfect size.

Chevy... Stand by your vehicles! Your customers are fewer and more precious everyday. The competition is better and better every year. So when I bring my truck back because my treads are cupping like mad, Fix it, or maybe Chevy will go the way of the Edsel.