2004 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Review: My 04 has been great

2004 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Review

My 04 has been great
By Bill on

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the Colorado to move the kids in and out of college apartments. Also to carry bikes and haul small fishing boat. I have the 2 wheel drive with limited slip rear axle. With snow tires on the rear its great in the snow. I just came back from picking up a 850lb trailer in Colorado. I got 26 mpg going out and 22.7 on the way home with the trailer. I drive the speed limit. This truck has been flawless over the last 5 years. Z85 suspension is bouncy if its empty. But with a small load (120lbs)in the rear it rides smooth. The value of this pickup is its reliability and low cost.

Limited slip and snow tires are a good alternative to 4wd option. Unless you are off-roading. Inline 5 has good power and great gas mileage. The folding back seats are just the right height and flat for sliding in groceries.

I would prefer no chrome or silver trim in the interior. Needs slidding visor like my other car.