Just about a year
By Pete Morano on
2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)
I've had my Colorado just about a year and it has been EXCELLENT! The truck went back to the dealer for a loose electrical connector to the emissions system and hasnt been back other than oil changes and a tire rotation. This truck is still very impressive. There are no squeaks or rattles, with over 20K on the clock. The I5 performs nicely. It's not a tire burner, but there is plenty of oomph when needed It pulls my horse trailer with no problems and performs predictably with a full load in the bed. Handling is excellent, as it is better than a few cars I have owned. My Orange Sunburst Chevy still turns heads and looks great. I'd still pick it over a 2005 Toyota or Nissan.
Favorite Features
Price and bang for the buck. A comparable Toyota whould have cost $5000 more than the Chevy. The I5 engine is great! Great gas mileage, and just as much power as a V6. The XM Radio is wonderful. I don't listen to FM stations anymore.
Suggested Improvements
Interior parts are a little plasticky. I would have paid a little more better dash materials, Otherwise the colorado is perfect!!