Great in the woods
By scott on
2004 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)
I bought my Colorado used with 29,000 miles on it, and the day I bought I started putting it to the test. I have been through some of the worst mudholes, the deepest snow, I drove right through a swamp once, and it goes right through it in 4wd. The only problem I ever had with it is the transmission mount sits really low and can get hung up on things. This is a great little truck for getting in and out the woods for hunting, or just playing around in the mud. There really isn't anything that I haven't put my Colorado through, and it still runs strong, and I haven't had to replace anything on it and it now has 110,000 miles in it.
Favorite Features
reliability, great gas mileage, tough, moviability.
Suggested Improvements
needs to sit a little higher, or change the transmission mount configuration
By johnboy1960
on 06/06/12 18:04 PM (PDT)

I have a 2004 Colorado 4x4 Inline 5 with 322k miles. The truck has been Great!!! I replaced the 2 front hubs/ Alternator/water pump/ujoint and a thermostat. I did all the work myself. Not bad for 322k. I would buy another one but this old girl keeps on running like a champ!!! Tranny and engine purr like a kitten!!!! 4 door!!

By sldl2004
on 07/27/14 09:20 AM (PDT)

322,000 miles is fantastic! If you follow the maintenance guidelines and treat them right, they will last.