2004 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Review: Good Truck

2004 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Review

Good Truck
By PMWoods on

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck new in 2004. I have had no real issues with it. One of the seat knobs broke (my fault) and it was recalled a couple of times, but I have had no electrical problems or engine problems. Some of the people on here amaze me - I mean, what do they want? Not a single manufacturer makes a vehicle that doesn't break. People seem to think that Toyotas are better because it says Toyota on it. Well, Toyota didn't stand behind the engine in my Tundra when it went bad. This Colorado has been the best truck I've owned.

4-cylinder gets good mileage and is spunky. Very fun to drive with sport suspension and manual transmission.

How about a braking system that an owner can service themselves - front rotors have to be turned on vehicle and are very expensive to replace if not turnable.
By sldl2004
on 07/27/14 09:26 AM (PDT)

I agree with your review--some of the reviews and comments on here are amazing. No vehicle is perfect, and that includes Toyotas or Nissans. If you want a truck interior that looks like a luxury car, then buy a $50K full-size truck like the F150 or the Silverado for pete's sake, but don't expect a smaller truck like the Colorado to have a comparable interior. It's a good durable truck that gets very high reviews from its owners.