2004 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Review: Fun, sporty ZQ8

2004 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Review

ZQ8 LS Crew Cab Pickup (3.5L 5-cyl. 4-speed Automatic 5.1 ft. Bed)

Fun, sporty ZQ8
By fatherof1 on

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I wasn't a big fan of crew cab Colorado's (small bed), but having a baby forced me into one. However, I feel this is the best truck for me and have been won over! My Colorado has room for my family and just about anything else we need to haul. Right after purchasing we had some problems with the traction control. After 6 trips back to the dealer they finally found a wire that had the insulation rubbed thru which was causing the system to ground. This was very frustrating and worrisome at first but the truck has been fine since. The 220 hp 5 cyl and ZQ8 package gives this truck a very sporty feel and is fun to drive.

ZQ8 package (17" wheels, 5 cyl, bucket seats). XM radio has been great!

Front brake set up pretty much forces you to have brakes done at the dealership. My S10 and Sonoma were easy to do brakes on. The Colorado's set up is a disappointment. Rear disc brakes and aux imput for the radio would be nice. MPG has been ~20 for me. ~25 MPG or better would be ideal.