2004 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Review: Colorado ZQ8 LS I5 Auto

2004 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Review

Colorado ZQ8 LS I5 Auto
By wylde on

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

My truck actually has the inline 5 with Auto (loaded) but that selection was not available. I test drove it out of curiousity since I own a S10 and bought it out of impulse... no regrets. After owning 2 S10 trucks, one a 2002 Xtreme (loaded) and a 98 S10 LS (which I still own) the Colorado really impressed me in the ride and power (I even got a speeding ticket test driving...oops). I had actually test drove a crew cab ZQ8 but opted for a regular cab instead simply for personal preferance in looks. The sound system is a huge improvement from my 2002 S10. It can be left stock as mine will. I wish they would have had MP3 availability though (2005 supposedly will).

Favorite Features

The power is unbelievable for the size of engine and fuel economy is equally unbelievable. After having a gutless 4.3 V6 I was very impressed with the I5 engine.

Suggested Improvements

Nicer interior and better seats definately should be first for GM. No vanity mirror in the driver side sunvisor is very cheap on their part and the headliner could be improved. My 98 S10 LS has some better interior features as in dual lighted vanity mirrors and a matching headliner.