2004 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Review: Best step down from a full siz

2004 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Review

2004 Chevrolet Colorado

Best step down from a full size
By tonkatruk on

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

After driving a full size truck for many years I was skeptical at first if I would like this truck. By now I have enough time in the saddle to say I haven't given up much at all. The engine is smooth and powerful enough for my needs and the extended cab is great for family trips and taking friends out. I get lot's of comments from people who like the trucks looks and it draws many inquiries as to my satisfaction with it. Needless to say, I give big smiles to a nicely packaged vehicle priced reasonably. If your looking to haul a 5000 pound trailer I'd have to point you in the direction of a full size as the I-5 doesn't have that much pulling power, but as a Lowes hauler it is more than enough

4 doors and decent rear seat space. Nice sounding 6 speaker stereo and comfortable seats. High sitting somewhat stiff suspension that is fun to throw into curves all the while making the driver feel confident that the truck will stay planted in the direction of travel.

Interior fit is good, but a different selection of materials and contours would be nice. Better towing capacity, better yet the inline 6 cyl. as an option. Get rid of the General tires and upgrade to a better tire supplier. A deeper pile/quality of carpet. Improvement in gas mileage, 27+ Mpg Hwy.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review