2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
not too shabby chevy
By r graham on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

great looking ,z71 crew cab package is the one to go with,the box could have been a little bit longer,but my hauling big loads days are over.very good on power and exceleration,gas mileage is alot better than i thought,transmission is smooth and effortless ,unlike that of a ford ranger and the stiffer frame gives it a smooth feel over rough roadways, very roomy interior all around tanx chevy!

Great Truck
By Mike Patterson on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This truck is a great truck,it is very responsvie. As a mechanic of 30 years this is a very fun truck to drive and is very comfortable. Well biult and good looking truck

Fun little truck
By Chevy buyer on 04/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I first looked at the truck in the new truck line catalog. I liked what I saw as my daughter wanted her own window and door to open. It is the perfect little truck for small home improvment jobs as well as anything else.

Balanced CrewCab
By Z71Dave on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Great truck. Has a great balance between power, fuel economy, size, and style. I really like the looks inside and out. I have the victory red w/ painted fender flares. I am averaging 19MPG with 700 miles on the truck. Driving a mix between city and highway.

good
By romeo2cu on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

best new truck should come in a long bedneeds biger horsepower

A great new truck from Chevy
By omowasu on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I test drove this truck today, and WOW, GM has designed a great new smaller pickup. I personally found it to be a much better truck than the Dakota. The Colorado gets much, much better mileage than the Dakota. Also, the Colorado handles better and accelerates superbly. Granted, you can get the Dakota with a V8, but why would you want to suck up the 13mpg?

after the first 3 months
By till on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

purchased my colorado in dec 2003 took it on a long drive (ohio to florida) the following so i got a pretty good test drive handles pretty well i think a 6cly would be better suited for the size on the crew cab 4x4 but the 5cly is under powered you can tell ther should be more there when your in traffic and want to pass and changing lanes could have done more with the wheels the dull gray is just kind of bla

good campact utility truck
By Rambo9 on 03/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I'am 6' 8" and I fit better in this truck then I did in my 2001 tahoe. I like it better because it's smaller, easy to mauneuver in traffic, and fun to drive. The engine does need more lower end torque, but I must say I do enjoy all that back end power. It takes off like a rocket past 40. However, I have yet to see the claimed 18 to 24 MPG. More like 16 to 16

4DR 4x4 FUN
By Wasadeal on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I traded in a 2001 Nissan crew cab and am more satisfied with the cab room and gas mileage, considering it has a more powerful engine, is bigger and is a 4x4. So far the quality is as good as most others models/mfr's in it's class. It is also quite capable off road of which it was twice in the first couple of weeks.

A Great Mid-Size Pick-Up
By Andrew A. on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I bought the Colarado after cross shopping the Colarado, Dakota, Frontier, and Tacoma. I loved the exterior design of the Colarado. It had the looks, power and the all important fuel economy. the truck has been totally reliable which is surprising for a new first year model.