2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Great Ride! Great Truck!
By Wizzard90 on 06/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Base 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had this truck for a week, but I can tell already that it's a winner. It rides and handles awesome. I've got the I-5 and it has plenty of power and is smooth at all speeds. My previous vehicle was a 2001 Blazer LS and this truck is much more comfortable and fun to drive (with better gas milage!).

Power and Looks!
By Riverview on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I love it so far. I think it has plenty of power and gets much better gas milage than I imagined.

big orange and beautifull!
By reneej48 on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Great truck. I traded a 2001 Mercedes convertible and I have yet to miss the Mercedes. I don't get much better than 11 mpg but I never get on the highway. I picked the orange color and everyone loves it.Love to deep bed and the tailgate design. Trans is very smooth. RPT radio is cool, wish I had bought the satellite radio.

RANGER KILLER
By RRB on 05/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

DAKOTA`S,FRONTIER`S AND TACOMA`S TOO. THOSE GUY`S HAVE A LOT OF WORK TO DO.

wrong foot
By chippox on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

The only problem I have encountered is the location of the door locks. They tend to be easily activated while exiting the vehicle on both the passenger and drivers side. There is an alarm when they are activated but I'm sure I will be locked sooner or later.

Best thing I have ever owned
By hoosier daddy on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Great to tow the boat and a beautiful day or just driving to work.

I was surprised
By AdamJay on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Prior to test driving this truck I was a little leary as to the performance of the truck, even after reading many positive reviews. I took the truck on a 24hr test drive and all I can say is wow. It handles and performs like dream. We purchased the Sport ZQ8 and are very very happy.

Great truck
By lcapozzi on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Great overal truck 1000 miles driven. Easy to drive and handel. The only down fall I have found so far is the high back bucket seat limit vision throught the rear view mirror. But still a great truck. I would buy another.

Good choice for its class
By efdake on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Keep in mind that I am upgrading from a '89 Ford Ranger XLT 5 speed manual standard cab with 4 cyls. With that being said, I looked at the Nissan Titan, Toyota Tundra, GMC Canyon and the Chevy Colorado. Ruled out the Titan and Tundra for gas mileage and size. I was impressed when I drove the Canyon and went to the Chevy dealership to do the 24 hour test drive as the Colorado was available. I ended up purchasing the Colorado. Found one with the features and options I wanted. After driving this machine for a week-and-a-half I am very impressed. Good ride, smooth and easy to drive. Iím glad I chose this vehicle. See my favorite feature list.

Cool and Quick
By nursemikern on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I went from a f250 to the colorado. Power was a bit lower but it more than made up for it in performance and gas milage. Only problem I had was something loose above the adjoining doors on the drivers side. Dealership fixed it without a fuss. So far the truck has been awesome. The exterior is fantastic. The interior is great, just wish it had the sunglass holder thing on the inside roof. I'm 6 ft 3 and I fit in it just fine which is a big plus. Was concerned about the lower power (compared to the 250) but so far the truck has come through without a problem.