Used 2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Too many problems for a brand new truck
By zach

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Hood came loose and rattled horribly when idling. Brake lights and running lights have burnt out twice. Towing light plug didn't work fist time I used it. Half the interior lights have quit working and two speakers have blown. I'm not hard on my vehicle. I do put a lot of miles on it, but it gets regular maintanence. I should not have to take it in for warranty work 4 times in the first year. Simply inexcusable. It's fun to drive when everything actually works! What problems can I expect in the future?

Torque, gas mileage, smooth ride for a compact truck.

Quality and craftsmanship leaves something to be desired.

2004 Colorado Z71 very disappointing
By clevelandgirly

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I have had one problem after another with this truck. Started with feeling an air leak in the doors/windows on passenger side, then the heater fan would squeek, then the windows needed new regulators, then it wouldn't start and would buck when trying to turn over, then the a/c needed serviced when it had never been used before. I was told that a Service Bulletin was issued regarding these problems. Now its difficult to start at times and shakes when it wont turn over. A new truck with less than 13,000 miles on it shouldn't have this many problems, nor should it have been in the shop 6 times in 9 months. Shame on GM/Chevrolet. I am taking this one to arbitration. What a disappointment!

The 4 wd is great in the snow, getting out of bad situations like steep inclines on streets or drives, it holds its own. The tow hooks in the front are great for pulling people out of ditch.

GM should repurchase all of the Colorados with these "Service Bulletins" problems instead of having their customers go back and forth to the Service Dept. over and over and/or leaving customers wondering when the next relay is going to act up and leave them stranded at the side of the road.

Everybody makes mistakes
By Norbert

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

After 18,000 miles and 3 General tire failures, a new set of Goodyears were recently put on. I still get a vibration between 45 & 65 mph. The airconditioning failed and it took a week to fix. Front bucket seat is uncomfortable. Very little leg support. My elbows are raw from the lack of padding on arm rest and center console.

Digtal radio & CD player. Fuel economy. High towing capacity. Overall appearance.

Excessive vibration needs to be addressed in the Z71 4x4 crew cab. Add creature comfort regarding bucket seats. Larger seat and more padding. Arm rests need to be padded. More under seat and side panel storage.

Great truck
By roosevelt jones

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I love the truck. I will buy another Chevy because of this truck. This is my first Chevy that I have ever owned. I am 100% happy with my truck. My wife love the truck also. I bought her a Honda Accord and she still loves to jump into my truck...

The size and handling

Improve the inside. It's hard on the eyes.

Excellent Truck
By Andrew

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I drove a Chevy Avalanche in the past and the transition to this truck was quite a surprise. I love its light weight feel, it's planted footing around corners and it's space inside. The interior is utilitarian yet sophisticated without getting too fancy. The I-5 engine sings like a miniature V10. Revving it at a stoplight makes everyone think that you have done modivications to your exhaust system. This truck is phenomenal in the snow and offroad alike. The huge 265's it comes with are incredible. Nothing better than an abundance of rubber in a Z71. I am very pleased with the truck and hope to get another colorado or possibly an H3 Hummer with the same faboulus I-5 engine. Test it.

-engine -fuel economy -lightweight and planted chassis around corners -fabulous driving experience for a pickup

-driver side vanity -glove box light -gas shocks and insulation for under hood. -different wheel choices. (tire packages)

• SUV