2004 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Too many problems for a brand new truck
By zach on 09/01/05 21:44 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Hood came loose and rattled horribly when idling. Brake lights and running lights have burnt out twice. Towing light plug didn't work fist time I used it. Half the interior lights have quit working and two speakers have blown. I'm not hard on my vehicle. I do put a lot of miles on it, but it gets regular maintanence. I should not have to take it in for warranty work 4 times in the first year. Simply inexcusable. It's fun to drive when everything actually works! What problems can I expect in the future?

2004 Colorado Z71 very disappointing
By clevelandgirly on 08/22/05 23:24 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I have had one problem after another with this truck. Started with feeling an air leak in the doors/windows on passenger side, then the heater fan would squeek, then the windows needed new regulators, then it wouldn't start and would buck when trying to turn over, then the a/c needed serviced when it had never been used before. I was told that a Service Bulletin was issued regarding these problems. Now its difficult to start at times and shakes when it wont turn over. A new truck with less than 13,000 miles on it shouldn't have this many problems, nor should it have been in the shop 6 times in 9 months. Shame on GM/Chevrolet. I am taking this one to arbitration. What a disappointment!

Everybody makes mistakes
By Norbert on 07/29/05 10:55 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

After 18,000 miles and 3 General tire failures, a new set of Goodyears were recently put on. I still get a vibration between 45 & 65 mph. The airconditioning failed and it took a week to fix. Front bucket seat is uncomfortable. Very little leg support. My elbows are raw from the lack of padding on arm rest and center console.

Great truck
By roosevelt jones on 07/21/05 10:29 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I love the truck. I will buy another Chevy because of this truck. This is my first Chevy that I have ever owned. I am 100% happy with my truck. My wife love the truck also. I bought her a Honda Accord and she still loves to jump into my truck...

Colorado
By ross1113 on 06/14/05 23:52 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am very happy with my Colorado to date. Although it has already been into the shop for engine problems, and had new springs installed and new spark plugs. The fuel economy is not impressive so far. But, I love the drive and it is very comfortable on long trips. Took it on an 8 hour drive and it was a pleasure.

Sporty truck, but needs major improving!
By Eric on 04/24/05 19:28 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've always been a GM person all the way, but after seven months of ownership with this truck, I'm going to reconsider that in the future. I am shocked at Chevrolet's cheap interior and poor build quality on this truck. First, there is no padding on the door or center console armrests, and this is very uncomfortable while driving. Next, I can't understand for the life of me why the did not install a keyhole on the passenger's side door, especially since there is no power locks or remote keyless entry. The truck rides and drives good, but when you hit a bump it really jars the interior of the truck. If I had it to do over, I would have definitely looked around at other trucks...

Great Little Truck
By Mello Yellow on 02/04/05 07:49 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned a 96 4.3 2wd s-10 and still own a 91 4wd s-10 4.3 Blazer. Compared to these trucks she is a vast improvement in all areas. Although the powerband is not what I am used to, she won me over with her smooth running and her Dr. Jeckyl/Mr. Hyde nature. When you get down on her she really hauls the mail. The five speed manual is geared well for this motor and shifts smooth. Handles great and the fuel economy is superb for a 4wd with 3.73 gears. She gets 22mpg or so consistently and has seen 23mpg once. The seats are very comfortable and the stereo sounds awesome. Anyone looking for a solid, efficient daily driver should give this truck a look, although I strongly suggest the manual trans.

Excellent Truck
By Andrew on 12/30/04 13:44 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I drove a Chevy Avalanche in the past and the transition to this truck was quite a surprise. I love its light weight feel, it's planted footing around corners and it's space inside. The interior is utilitarian yet sophisticated without getting too fancy. The I-5 engine sings like a miniature V10. Revving it at a stoplight makes everyone think that you have done modivications to your exhaust system. This truck is phenomenal in the snow and offroad alike. The huge 265's it comes with are incredible. Nothing better than an abundance of rubber in a Z71. I am very pleased with the truck and hope to get another colorado or possibly an H3 Hummer with the same faboulus I-5 engine. Test it.

mine not listed
By Margaret Payne on 12/29/04 10:33 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

04 Colorado 4wd ls ext cab Z85 4spd automatic transmission vortec 3500 220 hp 3.5 5cyl engine. Great ride, the only problem I have is the tires. The tires are not very good and break tracksion on wet streets in rwd.

best small truck from chevy ever
By frank on 12/28/04 07:09 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

by far rthe best small truck from chevy ever, rides like a car, pulls like a truck, but has all the features to load up the family in and head for the high road!!!!