2004 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Only Good Things From This Chevy
By Donald Erickson on 01/23/06 20:39 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I love my Colorado! It looks good, drives nice, 25 mpg highway with a 3.5 engine, I like the power, comfertable ride, and it is a very solid feeling truck. I don't know of another truck I would rather have at this time. Three adults in the back bench seat without being to crouded. Just like the commercial! Problem free going onto 14,000 miles The only thing I found is that it has problems with icy roads whith wind. 50mph off the road into a farm field with the rear in a drain ditch, no harm done! Any vehicle is going to have problems on ice, so I can't bring the truck down for that. Great truck at a good value, just take it slow on ice.

Needs to be a full size
By PSMITHFIVE on 01/23/06 13:29 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Chevy did a great thing with making the new Colorado’s to replace the S-10's. I love my Colorado but after a year there is only one thing I regret about buying it. I wish I had got a full sized Silverado. I love the body style of the Colorado and the full size of the Silverado. If Chevy wants to make another smart decision they need to make the 2007 or 2008 Silverado with the same exterior design as the Colorado’s. My next vehicle I buy will be a Silverado. I only hope by time I get it the Silverado does

Colorado
By colorado on 01/20/06 09:34 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Starts right up at 20 below 0. Rides good. I will buy another one soon. Family and friends like it very much. Rides like a car on the interstate. Had no trouble going in snow .

Well...
By gruntcrust on 01/17/06 15:44 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Considering that my previous car was a 1996 Saturn SL with 202k miles, this was a definite step up. This is a nice size beginner truck that I got at a wonderful price. It handles and rides nicely. However, I have had numerous problems that required 1 minor engine rebuild and two half engine rebuilds. Yikes! Got another problem fixed today. GM threw an additional 75K Major Guard at me, so I am happy. My friend's 2K5 Nissan Frontier Crew is an overall nicer vehicle - it has the track system in the truck bed, better interior lighting, sunroof availability and more power. Mpg on Colorado is nice, though. I like my truck a lot, but if I "knew then what I know now", I wouldn't have bought it.

Love it!
By jason on 12/12/05 21:02 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I love this truck. I bought a used 2004 Colorado Crew Z-71 with every option except leather and sunroof. I had looked at Tacomas and Frontier, but they cost as much as a full size truck. I personally think my truck looks better than both of those as well. I traded in my 99 Ranger and the difference is night and day, power comfort and quite. It's an amazing truck and I was able to pull my boat out of the water no problem.

'04 Colorado
By awilson on 12/01/05 19:53 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I love the Colarado. After shopping around quite a bit I decided on it because it was the perfect size for me. It is very reliable and fun to drive. I have only had one minor problem and that was with my stop light switch wearing out. That is probably from all the driving I do!!! I live in the country so I put a lot of miles on my truck and it still drives just like it did when I first got it. I think that the biggest thing that I do not like about it is the interior. I think that Chevrolet could have done a little bit better with that!!! Overall, it is a great truck and I will definitely buy another one when the time comes!!

Finally a change
By kcidmil on 10/23/05 12:34 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

While the truck does get decent mileage, it fails in comparison to my former 02 Frontier 2wd. This is mostly due to the larger tires installed on vehicle. I can say I do have fun though driving the truck despite the even lowering gas needle. And the exterior design is one that makes people turn to look again. And after seeing many different truck from Chevy over the years, I'm glad to see a interior dash change. It was sad to see a brand new 1500 have the same dash as the company truck built back in 96. The power band seems lacking at the low end. Though I feel this is due to the larger tires. The truck is perfect for my daily driving back and forth to work. Overall I am happy with it.

My first new truck
By Joe on 09/21/05 23:31 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I have put about 10000 on this truck already and and have had only one major issue. The inner treads on my front tires are wearing very fast. I brought it back to the dealership who agreed that the truck was out of alignment and proceeded to align the truck. The problem did not stop.My tires are continuing to wear ABNORMALLY fast on the inner treads in the front of the vehicle.The dealer stated that because the truck was within "factory specs" for alignment that my problem was "normal wear and tear". Ive had a second and third opinion on this issue and have concluded that the local Chevy dealer is wrong. So I am now in the process of dealing with Chevy corporate about the problem.

Colorado
By Shannon on 09/21/05 10:20 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Very reliable. Very few problems, If any, they were under waranty. Truck handles very well, Gas mileage is not bad.

2004 Chevrolet Colorado
By Larry Newton on 09/07/05 20:11 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

My wife and I really enjoy our new Colorado as a second vehicle. We selected it because of its very comfortable ride,the ease of entering and exiting the vehicle, and its hauling capacity. It is giving a good 28 MPG on the road and 19 MPG in town. The five cylinder engine has terrific acceleration especially when needed to enter Atlanta's interstates. I recently read Consumer Report on the Colorado, and I think CR totally mis- represented the vehicle. We tried and my son bought a Toyota Tacoma. After test driving the Toyota and driving my son's Toyota, I still like the Colorado for its comfortable ride, acceleration, mileage, and ease of getting in and out.