2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Great trailer puller
By MilCop on 09/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I have moved 2 times already and have hooked up to a 16' flatbed car transport hauler and moved multiple loads of furniture. even though this load squatted the rear axle letting you know the trailer was on the back once I placed it in 3rd gear it pulled this load quite well considering the load being pulled and still I got a very respectable fuel economy of 14mpg. I have got as hiogh on one trip of 31mpg hwy but always turn in numbers of 25 to 26mpg. the worst was pulling the trailer with a load of 7000lbs on the trailer of 14mpg. I'm sold this is a great truck.

Good Purchase
By Vulcanrider01 on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Aggresive styling makes the new Chevy Colorado a perfect purchase for the midsize truck consumer. It is simply laid out for ease and functionality. I deffinately like the Crew Cab Z71 for a daily driver.

colorado compared to s-10
By jhffkj on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

The colorado is an excellant truck. i owned a 2001 s-10 before and i couldnt fit into it anymore, and the 4 cylander engine had no power. if the a/c was on forget about going anywhere fast. the colorado has fixed all the s-10's problems and improved on the good too. i would definately buy another one.

Sunburst Orange Crew Cab 4X4
By PFE on 09/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Base 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Colorado Crew Cab with the I-5 engine and auto transmission. So far I just love this truck. It's got plenty of power, handles great, and it's fun to drive. Others have knocked the interior. I have no complaints with the interior at all. It's comfortable, functional and quiet. A 100% improvement over the Jeep that I traded in. I can tow my boat and tow the Colorado behind my motor home. Chevy gets 220 HP out of a 5-cyl engine. My V- 10 Ford motor home gets 275 out of an engine twice this size. GM has a winner here. Go to your nearest Chevy dealer and buy one today. You won't be sorry.

great truck
By dk52552 on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Ride is like a car. I have the Z-71 package. We have taken it on a 1800mile trip and it performed great in all driving conditions. We averaged 23 mpg on trip.

A bad Truck To Buy
By McMahan on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This Truck has been in the Shop 3 time is the past 2 months to have the transmission worked on, still not fixed. Forget about getting help from GM reps to talk with about safety issue. They will just tell you that your safety is not their concern, but to try and fix the vehicle. I would be very careful if I were thing about buying this vehicle. For the price and better quality I would look at a different Truck.

Great Little Truck
By cory395 on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

In the past 18 yrs I have owned two four cylynder Nissan P/U trucks..I was redy for something Bigger, much bigger. I was shopping for a full size, NOT TOO USED, used truck under $20,000. I was not having a great deal of luck when the dealer asked me if I would be interested in a new truck under the same price. I bit his lead and went for it. He showed me the Colorado. I am very glad that I gave him my time. It may not be the FULL size truck that I was looking for but it is this: New, under 20K, more powerful than my previous Nissans and sporty as he-l looking. I got more truck than I was used to without the big sticker price and gas guzzling cost of

Great ColoRADo
By TheKevster on 08/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I love my Colorado. It's the perfect size. It offers room for 5 with enough bed space to haul most anything. It has lots of giddyup with the 5 cyl engine. I have noticed a lot of chips in the paint on the front of the hood. Might need to invest in a rock/bug shield.

Best_Truck_Around
By JRID on 08/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I love this truck! It isn't perfect, but I find myself wanting to drive it constantly which is contrary to my (normal) desire to conserve gas. Anyway, it is very quiet, smooth and a pleasure to drive. My first tank of gas netted 21 MPG and should go up after the break-in period. Even though it has good power, I find myself cruising at moderate speeds as the temptation to drive fast is not there. It's just plain fun to drive in a relaxed manner. I did kick it up once to see what the "bean counters/lawyers" limited the top speed. It "nosed over" at 98 MPH, but it got there damned quickly!

only time will tell
By ta4sman on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I have driven about 2000 miles since my purchase. Great looks, handles well. Mileage is about 20 MPG, 80%hwy/20%city combined. Added the GM foldable tonneau cover, along w/ the chrome tubes, bug deflector. Front seats could be more comfortable and plush for 28k price tag, use the Silverado Z71 seats. Cup holder should be moved forward, with the console it is not easy to access. Rear visibily is limited due to the high back rear seats. The bed is adequate despite being about 6 inches short.