Used 2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Great Truck
By Curtis

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

My 2004 Colorado has almost 111,000 miles on it and with normal maintenance it has been a great truck. I get between 22 and 26 mppg. Engine is strong and never has used any oil. I am a tall guy and it has plenty of room.

Favorite Features

The engine and style

Suggested Improvements

Put antenna in a different place. Use a stronger fan, the lowest setting is way too low,

Only Good Things From This Chevy
By Donald Erickson

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I love my Colorado! It looks good, drives nice, 25 mpg highway with a 3.5 engine, I like the power, comfertable ride, and it is a very solid feeling truck. I don't know of another truck I would rather have at this time. Three adults in the back bench seat without being to crouded. Just like the commercial! Problem free going onto 14,000 miles The only thing I found is that it has problems with icy roads whith wind. 50mph off the road into a farm field with the rear in a drain ditch, no harm done! Any vehicle is going to have problems on ice, so I can't bring the truck down for that. Great truck at a good value, just take it slow on ice.

Favorite Features

Z71 package, crew cab, good lights, side air bags, traction controle, locking rear end, tach, sound system

Suggested Improvements

Extend the exhaust to bring out that inline engine sound. improve front license plate holder, it sticks out to much and is easely broken off. Improve the recovery hooks with a larger hook that is not so deep inside the bumper. Ice build up under hood at top of fire wall. lock on passenger door.

Well...
By gruntcrust

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Considering that my previous car was a 1996 Saturn SL with 202k miles, this was a definite step up. This is a nice size beginner truck that I got at a wonderful price. It handles and rides nicely. However, I have had numerous problems that required 1 minor engine rebuild and two half engine rebuilds. Yikes! Got another problem fixed today. GM threw an additional 75K Major Guard at me, so I am happy. My friend's 2K5 Nissan Frontier Crew is an overall nicer vehicle - it has the track system in the truck bed, better interior lighting, sunroof availability and more power. Mpg on Colorado is nice, though. I like my truck a lot, but if I "knew then what I know now", I wouldn't have bought it.

Favorite Features

Crew cab, mpg, price

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof option, sprayed in bedliner, track system in bed, more/better interior lights, more mileage on original warranty (50k?)

Love it!
By jason

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I love this truck. I bought a used 2004 Colorado Crew Z-71 with every option except leather and sunroof. I had looked at Tacomas and Frontier, but they cost as much as a full size truck. I personally think my truck looks better than both of those as well. I traded in my 99 Ranger and the difference is night and day, power comfort and quite. It's an amazing truck and I was able to pull my boat out of the water no problem.

Favorite Features

Looks, Looks, Looks, seriously I think this truck looks awesome,especially the front grill. Very quite interior, nice power, six disc is cool.

Suggested Improvements

It would be cool if they could stick the Trailblazers straight six in this thing, it should fit and would really pump it up, The armrests are kinda hard and can where on your elbows, other than that its great

'04 Colorado
By awilson

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I love the Colarado. After shopping around quite a bit I decided on it because it was the perfect size for me. It is very reliable and fun to drive. I have only had one minor problem and that was with my stop light switch wearing out. That is probably from all the driving I do!!! I live in the country so I put a lot of miles on my truck and it still drives just like it did when I first got it. I think that the biggest thing that I do not like about it is the interior. I think that Chevrolet could have done a little bit better with that!!! Overall, it is a great truck and I will definitely buy another one when the time comes!!