2004 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
No problems
By Rock on 12/29/06 16:01 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

The Colorado has been a pleasure to own. Have had no mechanical problems, fuel economy has been respectable, and it is easy to handle in tight spaces. 220 horsepower from the 3.5 motor was adequate. With the locking hard cover it was a pleasure on trips. Plenty of space for all sorts of gear and luggage. Off road ventures no problem plenty of clearance.

Good to Go
By adam on 12/18/06 04:36 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this vehicle for a short time but have driven it everywhere. I like the shifting on the 5 speed and the power.

Still Spectacular
By PeteM143 on 06/21/06 17:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Anyone looking to buy a compact pickup should really consider the Colorado. I am in sales and drive my truck every day. I have 59,000 on the clock and it has been nothing short of spectacular. The only part I have needed to replace on my truck was a faulty O2 sensor, other than the standard maintenance items. My truck rides great,handles great and the I5 motor has plenty of power, even when pulling my two horse trailer. If you want V8 power, buy a full size..

Walked Away Safely
By Mike Griggs on 05/11/06 07:47 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

On May 7, 2006, I was in a crash that involved my Colorado. I hit water and lost control and totaled my truck. After the fact, you could not recognize that it was a Colorado, but the fact remained I walked away from the accident with only a mild concusion. Its design, I think, was the main reason I'm still alive today. Thanks Chevy.

Little truck, big performance
By cbc on 04/13/06 17:57 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

With 30,000 miles around the corner I still get a smile on my face when I drive my Colorado. I drive 35 miles one to work so it pays to have a good looking truck that gets a 24 mpg average and comfortable too. Reliabilty isn't a worry for me because it just feels like a solid little truck.

Good Midsize Truck
By adamp*diddy on 04/03/06 06:07 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I was looking for a decent midsize truck when I stumbled across my Colorado. I had not seen one before and mine had just rolled off the tractor trailer. I test drove it with the plastic still on the seat. I have had almost no issues with it at all. It handles all the work I throw at it. Dont let the 5 cylinder put you off. It has get up and go. Good truck I would buy another one.

Best step down from a full size
By tonkatruk on 03/22/06 04:54 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

After driving a full size truck for many years I was skeptical at first if I would like this truck. By now I have enough time in the saddle to say I haven't given up much at all. The engine is smooth and powerful enough for my needs and the extended cab is great for family trips and taking friends out. I get lot's of comments from people who like the trucks looks and it draws many inquiries as to my satisfaction with it. Needless to say, I give big smiles to a nicely packaged vehicle priced reasonably. If your looking to haul a 5000 pound trailer I'd have to point you in the direction of a full size as the I-5 doesn't have that much pulling power, but as a Lowes hauler it is more than enough

Colorado A+ Vehicle
By L.Sparrow on 03/21/06 03:19 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven mine 18,000 miles-many of which I have towed a 12 foot enclosed trailer, the truck gets decent mileage and has ample power. The 4wd works great and the ride is firm but not harsh.For my part I feel the engine is a little small, the truck is designed to compete in the midsize market--but the engine option 3.5 is a little small for my part, it doesn't have the towing ability of my 1996 S10 Blazer..

Great Truck
By Curtis on 03/12/06 07:32 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

My 2004 Colorado has almost 111,000 miles on it and with normal maintenance it has been a great truck. I get between 22 and 26 mppg. Engine is strong and never has used any oil. I am a tall guy and it has plenty of room.

Colorado
By Mike on 02/20/06 16:40 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Truck is a great size for someone who doesnt want a full size. Rides great, gets excellent highway mileage (23- 25mpg), good city (16-18mpg), however when it is cold out and you have the heat on or the 4x4 expect (13-14mpg).