Used 2004 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Colorado

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Colorado better than it looks but
By Matt Risk

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Three months after I bought it iIwas in a wreck, saved my life, but since then the power windows motor has gone out in both windows, one after the other. The interior is bigger than it looks in regular cab. Runs great considering I drive it about 70 miles a day, could use better gas mileage though.

Favorite Features

Style, looks different

Suggested Improvements

Bad power window motors

Good little truck
By J B

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this vehicle for right at a year now. I purchased it used with 43000 miles on it. I know I paid too much for it but I have no one to blame for that but myself. The vehicle has suprising pep and power for a 5 cyl engine. I'm not completely impressed with MPG as I get anywhere from 17-21 depending on the style of driving I'm doing. I bought the small truck in hopes of better. The truck will absolutely tow a lot more than GM rates it for. Just towed an 8000 lb tractor home after a breakdown. It's definitely worth a look. GM needs to get more advertising out on this vehicle instead of letting it die like I'm hearing they are doing.

Favorite Features

Power, looks, just enough creature comforts, auto lights

Suggested Improvements

Make the grille and healight assmblies stronger. I didn't notice one being broken on mine at purchase do to a fly by night repair job. The parts are expensive and could be better. Lead the industry and figure out a way to get 25mpg average 4wd small truck. You will sell more than you can make

Good little truck
By Colorado in Colorado

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

These are a steal used. Has been trouble free for the 20000 miles I have owned it. 21.5 mpg around town 26-29 mpg on hwy. 2wd does fine in the snow. Seats could be more comfortable. No rattles in the interior. 2wd Z85 easy on tires, looks like I'll get another 20000 out of them. Handles great for a truck. More fun to drive than my 04 full size overpriced, gas guzzling Toyota that I traded in. Would buy another used one in a minute.

Favorite Features

Easy to drive. Good power to weight ratio. Economical. Good looking. Solid interior. Nice sized cab.

Suggested Improvements

Seats need improving. 6 speed auto tranny with manual shift mode.

Excellent little truck
By quiksilvor

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This was definitely a step up from the Ford Ranger I had previously owned. It has plenty of accessible room for two passengers, and plenty of storage for a pickup truck.

Go with the 3.5 liter
By fu2612

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've always wanted a Silverado but when i got to the dealership it made more econmic sense for me to go with something smaller so i took out the Colorado. So far I love this truck, plenty of power, Inline engines are the best can't be touched, and also excellent decision to make something bigger than an s-10. i get great gas mileage out of a full tank i get about 250 miles which is great for me

Favorite Features

Inline 5, and height of body

Suggested Improvements

Offer a v-8 to keep up with Dodge, other than that its a great truck