Used 2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Most Helpful|
Colorado Not Good
By James Zapalac

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Too many problems for under 70,000 miles. Cruise control had to be replaced, CD player ate a CD, had to be replaced. Recall on anti- locking brake light, manifold just crack, must be replaced, and AC is about to go out- just a matter of time. American car companies are forcing me to buy foreign. I have never bought a foreign vehicle before, but American made are not reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Need to be more reliable. Stop breaking down. Better gas mileage is always a good idea

dont buy chev colorado
By sweet98092

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I have a 2004 chev colorado 3.5 L 4x4 crew cab z-71. Don't buy this truck they are junk. I have replaced the tranny at 86,000 miles. The electric driver window and heater fan control don't work. Engine has a low noise knock, and for some reason I have to replace the battery every 6 - 8 months. Fake leather on passenger seat is coming apart

Favorite Features

Push button 4x4 ans limited slip , 20 mpg

Suggested Improvements

Reliability!!!!

Could have been a great truck by GM.
By marc

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

It is nice an comfortable to drive this truck however GM needs to fix problems with defects in the design of their '04 Model even though they are out of warranty. Occasionally I have had electrical problems such as the door locks no longer working (seems to happen more often when it is cold outside but happens even in summer months), Battery (went dead faster than other cars I have owned and it is hard to find battery replacement), left or right side headlights, turn signal/side marker lamp suddenly stop working, etc. I did take my truck to the dealer a couple of times for the door locks. Dome light comes on and stays on all night, had troubles with anti-theft system. Parking Brakes died.

Favorite Features

Body Style, nice comfortable interior.

Suggested Improvements

Fix electrical problems even though my warranty expired. During my warranty you never fixed the problems and if I buy a new car it won't be a GM car even though they changed their warranty coverage to 100,000 miles! fix parts like parking brakes wear pre-maturely. fix front end alignment problems.

Good fueleconomy truck!!
By BJ

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

If you are looking for a great-good truck, this is it. Runs good looks good and I get 24.87 miles per gal. Driving 60 mph. with the A/C on.

Favorite Features

The look and the 24.87 per gal

Suggested Improvements

I would like to have just a little more horsepower. It does not sound to good when the engine is cold at first startup. But sounds good after just a few minutes.

04 Colorado Z71 LS
By Dave

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

We like the truck and the quality overall is very good to excellent. No service problems, a few things replaced (A/c switch and a recall on the stop lights) but overall very good. I get 17-18 MPG everday driving, which I thought would be better, but is livable. Good offroad traction for 2wd with locking differential.

Favorite Features

Excellent exterior design, good power for the inline 5, drives smooth.

Suggested Improvements

The rear seats sit a little too straight up, but the kids never complained. Wheel design is a little of a pain to wash.