2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
What a fool am I
By www.waxitup.com on 12/25/04 23:09 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

It has a 5 cylinder engine. The best mileage to date is 16.1 on pure interstate driving at 65 miles per hour. The 19.5 gallon gas tank leaves me wondering Why? With only a 300 mile driving range I am constantly having to visit the Gas Station.The exterior is very eye catching but here begins the lack of quality. The hood has provisions for insulation but it is missing and not offered. The doors leak wind noise and sometimes even water. Hoses, cables and tubes routed ender the truck are installed with no attention to detail and bang against the under side. The inner fender wells lack fasteners and rattle. The endless use of bare plastic in the interior also adds to rattles.

Perfect size truck,Impressed.
By CRUZIN BILL on 12/22/04 20:06 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I have the Z-85 extended cab.It is a great truck.The I-5 cyclinder 220 hp is really gutsy.If your looking for a mid size truck,this is the one for you.As you can see i love everything about this truck.The S-10 is no match for this one.This is a real cruiser.Check out my ratings.

2004 Colorado Z71 Fun
By Wieland on 12/18/04 08:32 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

A fun small truck, with plenty of get up and go with the 5 cyl engine. Tows a 2000 lb boat with ease! The drivers seat feels a little off center, especially with a little back support cranked in. Everything easily within drivers reach. A real nice thing to have would be radio controls on the steering wheel! Pushing 20 MPG on the highway at 60MPH, dropping steadily as speed increases. The dash panel cover just looks cheap.

AWESOME TRUCK
By ROCK on 11/28/04 12:39 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Awesome truck, a real head-turner!

the best
By jpoullaides on 11/23/04 20:45 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

It is absolutely fantastic.

2004 colorado crewcab Z85, 5 cyclinder
By dbray on 11/11/04 11:37 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

a great all around truck, great fuel mileage,the 5 cyclinder is a fantastic engine all the power needed for daily driving. the only complaint i have is with the tires on the Z 85 model, my truck picks up a lot of small gravel in the tire tread, i have numerous rock chips from the gravel flying out at road speeds.

My view on the Colorado
By DougD74 on 10/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This is a great truck to drive. It is comfortable and rides like an SUV. This truck is a nice in between sized model. It is bigger then old S-10 style but smaller then the 1500 series. The 3.5 5 cylinder motor is well matched to this truck. It offers great power as well as good fuel economy.

Mid-size blues....
By JD in Colorado on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Overall, a good truck if small/mid- size meets your needs. I downsized from a Siverado--after the honeymoon of a new truck wore off, I wished that I kept the Silverado. For me, the 3.5L is underpowered. It's great around town--not pulling a trailer or without a load. Otherwise, you've got the keep the RPMs pegged to retain any sense of power. A lot of plastic on this truck--it looks great on the showroom floor but quickly dulls. The truck drives good--especially off- road. However, the 4WD/Z71 suspension is a little rough and dicey at times in the urban jungle--probably due to high center of gravity and short wheel base. Great sport truck--poor work truck.

Love it!
By askewrs on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I was time for a new vehicle and I had been planning on an S-10 crew cab. I was very excited to see a replacement for the S-10 in the very stylish Colorado. I was extremely pleased at the reasonable price and variety of options. The chromatic mirror with temp and direction made my day.

4,000 miles - 5 times in shop
By Steve Beavers on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Today I get pulled over for no brake lights, I don't know now if they ever worked? Very poor fit and finish, doors don't close properly, just all around cheap material and construction. I will never buy a GM product again, nor let a family member.