2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Finally a change
By kcidmil on 10/23/05 12:34 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

While the truck does get decent mileage, it fails in comparison to my former 02 Frontier 2wd. This is mostly due to the larger tires installed on vehicle. I can say I do have fun though driving the truck despite the even lowering gas needle. And the exterior design is one that makes people turn to look again. And after seeing many different truck from Chevy over the years, I'm glad to see a interior dash change. It was sad to see a brand new 1500 have the same dash as the company truck built back in 96. The power band seems lacking at the low end. Though I feel this is due to the larger tires. The truck is perfect for my daily driving back and forth to work. Overall I am happy with it.

My first new truck
By Joe on 09/21/05 23:31 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I have put about 10000 on this truck already and and have had only one major issue. The inner treads on my front tires are wearing very fast. I brought it back to the dealership who agreed that the truck was out of alignment and proceeded to align the truck. The problem did not stop.My tires are continuing to wear ABNORMALLY fast on the inner treads in the front of the vehicle.The dealer stated that because the truck was within "factory specs" for alignment that my problem was "normal wear and tear". Ive had a second and third opinion on this issue and have concluded that the local Chevy dealer is wrong. So I am now in the process of dealing with Chevy corporate about the problem.

2004 Chevrolet Colorado
By Larry Newton on 09/07/05 20:11 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

My wife and I really enjoy our new Colorado as a second vehicle. We selected it because of its very comfortable ride,the ease of entering and exiting the vehicle, and its hauling capacity. It is giving a good 28 MPG on the road and 19 MPG in town. The five cylinder engine has terrific acceleration especially when needed to enter Atlanta's interstates. I recently read Consumer Report on the Colorado, and I think CR totally mis- represented the vehicle. We tried and my son bought a Toyota Tacoma. After test driving the Toyota and driving my son's Toyota, I still like the Colorado for its comfortable ride, acceleration, mileage, and ease of getting in and out.

Too many problems for a brand new truck
By zach on 09/01/05 21:44 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Hood came loose and rattled horribly when idling. Brake lights and running lights have burnt out twice. Towing light plug didn't work fist time I used it. Half the interior lights have quit working and two speakers have blown. I'm not hard on my vehicle. I do put a lot of miles on it, but it gets regular maintanence. I should not have to take it in for warranty work 4 times in the first year. Simply inexcusable. It's fun to drive when everything actually works! What problems can I expect in the future?

2004 Colorado Z71 very disappointing
By clevelandgirly on 08/22/05 23:24 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I have had one problem after another with this truck. Started with feeling an air leak in the doors/windows on passenger side, then the heater fan would squeek, then the windows needed new regulators, then it wouldn't start and would buck when trying to turn over, then the a/c needed serviced when it had never been used before. I was told that a Service Bulletin was issued regarding these problems. Now its difficult to start at times and shakes when it wont turn over. A new truck with less than 13,000 miles on it shouldn't have this many problems, nor should it have been in the shop 6 times in 9 months. Shame on GM/Chevrolet. I am taking this one to arbitration. What a disappointment!

Everybody makes mistakes
By Norbert on 07/29/05 10:55 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

After 18,000 miles and 3 General tire failures, a new set of Goodyears were recently put on. I still get a vibration between 45 & 65 mph. The airconditioning failed and it took a week to fix. Front bucket seat is uncomfortable. Very little leg support. My elbows are raw from the lack of padding on arm rest and center console.

Great truck
By roosevelt jones on 07/21/05 10:29 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I love the truck. I will buy another Chevy because of this truck. This is my first Chevy that I have ever owned. I am 100% happy with my truck. My wife love the truck also. I bought her a Honda Accord and she still loves to jump into my truck...

Excellent Truck
By Andrew on 12/30/04 13:44 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I drove a Chevy Avalanche in the past and the transition to this truck was quite a surprise. I love its light weight feel, it's planted footing around corners and it's space inside. The interior is utilitarian yet sophisticated without getting too fancy. The I-5 engine sings like a miniature V10. Revving it at a stoplight makes everyone think that you have done modivications to your exhaust system. This truck is phenomenal in the snow and offroad alike. The huge 265's it comes with are incredible. Nothing better than an abundance of rubber in a Z71. I am very pleased with the truck and hope to get another colorado or possibly an H3 Hummer with the same faboulus I-5 engine. Test it.

mine not listed
By Margaret Payne on 12/29/04 10:33 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

04 Colorado 4wd ls ext cab Z85 4spd automatic transmission vortec 3500 220 hp 3.5 5cyl engine. Great ride, the only problem I have is the tires. The tires are not very good and break tracksion on wet streets in rwd.

best small truck from chevy ever
By frank on 12/28/04 07:09 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

by far rthe best small truck from chevy ever, rides like a car, pulls like a truck, but has all the features to load up the family in and head for the high road!!!!