2004 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews 4

2004 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

2004 Colorado Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Waste of my money
By zmillg

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I saved my money all through highschool and my dad through in half, I got a Colorado for 22k. A year and a half later, 3 power steering pumps, 2 motors, and one steer column. It's worth half what I bought it and the problems keep coming. I can't complain about the gas mileage and it gets going but the problems aren't worth it. I'm overly displeased with my truck

Favorite Features

Good power for a small motor

Suggested Improvements

Work on fixing everything!

Solid performer
By tommyg22

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Overall I have to say that I really enjoy the look and ride of this truck although I did have to replace the coil pack at about 66,000 (No big deal 250.00) other than that I really don't understand the other reviews about lack of power. The inline 5 plenty of power and if I put my foot down I can roast the rears all day long. Thanks for a good one Chevy!

Favorite Features

Inline 5, 6 passenger bench seating

Suggested Improvements

No more 4 spd slush box, better quality bed liner, xenon headlamps

Electrical Gremlins!
By Rick

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the 04 model in 05. Nice looking truck but here is the issues I have had. ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS!!! Brake lights just stop working intermittently. (Rear ended twice but can't prove the lights were not working at time) I had the driver side door locks replaced twice! Drv side windows "sometimes" don't work. Now psngr side windows don't work. "sometimes" AC fan is noisy. (Very annoying!) Fuel rating is wrong. I only get about 17 mpg if I am lucky and have the wind blowing behind me. It already burned up the cat conv in only 40k miles!

Favorite Features

Nice looking!

Suggested Improvements

Fix the electrical issues ASAP!

sad
By never again

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z71 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

well i have had this truck 6 months its been it the shop 7 times a/c control head,vent door was sticking, headlights holding water, and then the motor blew up. dealership kept my truck 33days to replace a motor.

Favorite Features

body design

Suggested Improvements

start over, train people to take pride in there work would be a big thing. design interior and motor

Good fueleconomy truck!!
By BJ

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

If you are looking for a great-good truck, this is it. Runs good looks good and I get 24.87 miles per gal. Driving 60 mph. with the A/C on.

Favorite Features

The look and the 24.87 per gal

Suggested Improvements

I would like to have just a little more horsepower. It does not sound to good when the engine is cold at first startup. But sounds good after just a few minutes.

Colorado Not Good
By James Zapalac

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Too many problems for under 70,000 miles. Cruise control had to be replaced, CD player ate a CD, had to be replaced. Recall on anti- locking brake light, manifold just crack, must be replaced, and AC is about to go out- just a matter of time. American car companies are forcing me to buy foreign. I have never bought a foreign vehicle before, but American made are not reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Need to be more reliable. Stop breaking down. Better gas mileage is always a good idea

Complaint free
By Chris

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I've had this truck 2.5 yrs. and have put roughly 135,000 miles on it and thinking about a new 2007 replacement. Needless to say, with all the miles I've put on my truck, with no repairs needed, with the exception of two minor warranty repairs, this truck has been virtually trouble free. There is nothing wrong with the interior. It is what it is somewhat plain but extremely tough sensible hard plastic save for the cloth seats and well laid out. The exterior styling still impresses me as the best looking mid size crew cab on the road.

Favorite Features

The automatic when manually shifted is great when going down slippery hills in the winter

Suggested Improvements

The wheel well trim and mudflaps on the Z71. I think it is different on the newer ones

Sled tower
By blaine

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

the truck has been 100% reliable with 110,000 km on it. Average fuel economy has been 23.5 mpg. I did not care for the factory seats so I upgraded them to buckets with a console. I use the truck alot for towing snowmobiles on a trailer up mountain roads and for work. the truck has also performed well off road when required.

Favorite Features

Engine has good towing power and the drive train has taken alot of abuse and is still very solid. The locking differential and 4wd system seems to work well off road

Suggested Improvements

The seats from factory stink. The inline 6 engine in the TrailBlazer would be a nice option.

FIrst Year Mistake
By justin04

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab ZQ8 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Absolutely horrible experience. Engine has failed twice. Exhaust system has failed twice.Transmission system failed once. GM covered exhaust and transmission, but fails to stand behind their engine. Vehicle only has 32k miles, 2nd engine failure at 20 months old.

Favorite Features

The engine has good power as long as it stays functional.

Suggested Improvements

Better build quality and a manufacturer that will stand behind their work within their warranty.

Not bad
By divo006

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab ZQ8 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2004 ZQ8 a couple months ago. I was rather iffy about it since it was only 2wd and winter coming. I like the fact that I'm one of few with the 3.5L I5. It's a quick little truck and the gas mileage ain't too bad either considering I drive 60 miles or so a day. If you want something to use as utility I wouldnt recommend this truck, but as for small jobs it's perfect. I haul my quads and what not no problem. Interior could use a little work. Exteriors not bad..flashy. Rides a little rough.

Favorite Features

Style, not bad with a few upgrades

Suggested Improvements

Overall interior, suspension