2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews 3

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Base Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Good truck, but noTacoma
By DT Colorado on 01/03/07 16:36 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I bought my '04 Colorado Crewcab Z71 4WD used with 20,000 miles. I think it's the best US build compact crewcab truck. Overall I like the truck. GM did a good job with the design and it's a good driving truck. So for I've had to replace a headlight assembly, front axle seal and CV shaft, and the auto dimming/compass rear view mirror. All were warranty repairs but it seems odd given the low mileage. I really wanted a Tacoma. I guess should expect a few problems since I saved approx. $6000-$7000.

No problems
By Rock on 12/29/06 16:01 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

The Colorado has been a pleasure to own. Have had no mechanical problems, fuel economy has been respectable, and it is easy to handle in tight spaces. 220 horsepower from the 3.5 motor was adequate. With the locking hard cover it was a pleasure on trips. Plenty of space for all sorts of gear and luggage. Off road ventures no problem plenty of clearance.

Little truck, big performance
By cbc on 04/13/06 17:57 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

With 30,000 miles around the corner I still get a smile on my face when I drive my Colorado. I drive 35 miles one to work so it pays to have a good looking truck that gets a 24 mpg average and comfortable too. Reliabilty isn't a worry for me because it just feels like a solid little truck.

Good Midsize Truck
By adamp*diddy on 04/03/06 06:07 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I was looking for a decent midsize truck when I stumbled across my Colorado. I had not seen one before and mine had just rolled off the tractor trailer. I test drove it with the plastic still on the seat. I have had almost no issues with it at all. It handles all the work I throw at it. Dont let the 5 cylinder put you off. It has get up and go. Good truck I would buy another one.

Best step down from a full size
By tonkatruk on 03/22/06 04:54 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

After driving a full size truck for many years I was skeptical at first if I would like this truck. By now I have enough time in the saddle to say I haven't given up much at all. The engine is smooth and powerful enough for my needs and the extended cab is great for family trips and taking friends out. I get lot's of comments from people who like the trucks looks and it draws many inquiries as to my satisfaction with it. Needless to say, I give big smiles to a nicely packaged vehicle priced reasonably. If your looking to haul a 5000 pound trailer I'd have to point you in the direction of a full size as the I-5 doesn't have that much pulling power, but as a Lowes hauler it is more than enough

Great Truck
By Curtis on 03/12/06 07:32 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

My 2004 Colorado has almost 111,000 miles on it and with normal maintenance it has been a great truck. I get between 22 and 26 mppg. Engine is strong and never has used any oil. I am a tall guy and it has plenty of room.

Only Good Things From This Chevy
By Donald Erickson on 01/23/06 20:39 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I love my Colorado! It looks good, drives nice, 25 mpg highway with a 3.5 engine, I like the power, comfertable ride, and it is a very solid feeling truck. I don't know of another truck I would rather have at this time. Three adults in the back bench seat without being to crouded. Just like the commercial! Problem free going onto 14,000 miles The only thing I found is that it has problems with icy roads whith wind. 50mph off the road into a farm field with the rear in a drain ditch, no harm done! Any vehicle is going to have problems on ice, so I can't bring the truck down for that. Great truck at a good value, just take it slow on ice.

Well...
By gruntcrust on 01/17/06 15:44 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Considering that my previous car was a 1996 Saturn SL with 202k miles, this was a definite step up. This is a nice size beginner truck that I got at a wonderful price. It handles and rides nicely. However, I have had numerous problems that required 1 minor engine rebuild and two half engine rebuilds. Yikes! Got another problem fixed today. GM threw an additional 75K Major Guard at me, so I am happy. My friend's 2K5 Nissan Frontier Crew is an overall nicer vehicle - it has the track system in the truck bed, better interior lighting, sunroof availability and more power. Mpg on Colorado is nice, though. I like my truck a lot, but if I "knew then what I know now", I wouldn't have bought it.

Love it!
By jason on 12/12/05 21:02 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I love this truck. I bought a used 2004 Colorado Crew Z-71 with every option except leather and sunroof. I had looked at Tacomas and Frontier, but they cost as much as a full size truck. I personally think my truck looks better than both of those as well. I traded in my 99 Ranger and the difference is night and day, power comfort and quite. It's an amazing truck and I was able to pull my boat out of the water no problem.

'04 Colorado
By awilson on 12/01/05 19:53 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I love the Colarado. After shopping around quite a bit I decided on it because it was the perfect size for me. It is very reliable and fun to drive. I have only had one minor problem and that was with my stop light switch wearing out. That is probably from all the driving I do!!! I live in the country so I put a lot of miles on my truck and it still drives just like it did when I first got it. I think that the biggest thing that I do not like about it is the interior. I think that Chevrolet could have done a little bit better with that!!! Overall, it is a great truck and I will definitely buy another one when the time comes!!