Used 2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Please watch out Z71 Crew Cab LS 4WD
By workless

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I bought new in 7-03, thought that since the S-10's this would be better. This is single-handedly the worst vehicle I ever owned out of 10+ GM products. The 5 cylinder had no power and even worse fuel economy. The worst is the front end, Isuzu product that is junk. Replace your front brake rotors and you'll know what I mean - the design is ridiculous. The GM book rate is 6+ hours to remove a rotor. Then the flex hose to the rear brakes broke down internally and the micro rubber particles jammed up the rear brakes and the ABS system. I traded it in before I paid the approx $1700 for the replacement. I called GM with this complaint, they never called back! Premium gas only or sensors lit daily

Front seat was fairly comfortable.

Get rid of the engineers that designed this truck! Get rid of the Isuzu front end. Get some low end in the motor. Put better brake components on it. Make it capable of using regular fuel without all the motor sensors coming on due to fowling. GM wouldn't make the dealership refund my repl gas cap $s

What S10
By lilgas69

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

i had to let my S10 go due to penny pinching. but I loved the truck. I did not expect the Colorado to be as good as it is but the 2.8 is great for mileage and power and the sound system is the best stock I have heard yet.

The 2.8 is enough to carry the truck with out useng a lot of gas.

None that I can think of

04 Colorado Z71 LS
By Dave

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

We like the truck and the quality overall is very good to excellent. No service problems, a few things replaced (A/c switch and a recall on the stop lights) but overall very good. I get 17-18 MPG everday driving, which I thought would be better, but is livable. Good offroad traction for 2wd with locking differential.

Excellent exterior design, good power for the inline 5, drives smooth.

The rear seats sit a little too straight up, but the kids never complained. Wheel design is a little of a pain to wash.

Solid performer
By tommyg22

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Overall I have to say that I really enjoy the look and ride of this truck although I did have to replace the coil pack at about 66,000 (No big deal 250.00) other than that I really don't understand the other reviews about lack of power. The inline 5 plenty of power and if I put my foot down I can roast the rears all day long. Thanks for a good one Chevy!

Inline 5, 6 passenger bench seating

No more 4 spd slush box, better quality bed liner, xenon headlamps

Good fueleconomy truck!!
By BJ

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

If you are looking for a great-good truck, this is it. Runs good looks good and I get 24.87 miles per gal. Driving 60 mph. with the A/C on.

The look and the 24.87 per gal

I would like to have just a little more horsepower. It does not sound to good when the engine is cold at first startup. But sounds good after just a few minutes.