2004 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Used 2004 Colorado Crewcab 2WD 2.8L/M5
By meangreen94z on 06/24/08 20:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this used with 49K miles 5 months ago, now has 55k miles. The guy that traded it in thought the truck had electrical issues because blower speeds 1-3 would cut out and the CD player wouldnt eject. I bought the truck with little fear being that Im a technician. Tracked the blower issue down to a loose connection at the connector on the blower resistor. The CD drive was jammed with crumbs/dust, and just needed to be cleaned and lubed. Fixed both at a cost of $0 (probably $500 otherwise) and the truck has been great since. No leaks anywhere and still feels solid. I average 21 in the city, and 25-26 on the highway with the 4 cylinder/M5 combo.

The Lucky One
By Luckygirl on 06/16/08 14:24 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab ZQ8 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I own a 2004 Colorado extented cab ZQ8. I love my truck. The only problem I'm having is the AC works good on 4 but on 1,2,3 don't hold your breath. I have 62,000 miles and I still get around 24 - 27 mpg. This truck has the get up and go. I turn heads and when I'm on the freeway people move out of my way. I'm not sure if it's the yellow that makes them move or if they are letting me by just to get a glance of the beauty

This truck is a winner
By allan on 06/02/08 14:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Listen carefully- I want to get the word out- this truck is awesome! I bought a like new 2004 2.8l 5 speed. It has 75,000 miles and drives like a champ- this is proof this truck has good quality. I use it to haul my motorcyles and pick up materials for my weekend projects. It's comfy, the stick shift has great position and feel to it and it shifts smoothly! This little engine is great on gas and once you get moving it hums. Great stereo. Fun to drive!

First year of the Colorado
By EDP on 05/02/08 23:45 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Colorado the first year they came out with it. I find that it's easy to drive, reliable as heck. Thought that I wouldn't be able to take it off road but it's proved me wrong many times. I drive 48 miles to work one way and it's held up. I change the oil, tires and make sure not to buy cheap gas. I've even run E85 in it a couple of times when I've been in a pinch. Chevy made a great truck.

04 Colorado Z71 LS
By Dave on 04/22/08 19:10 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

We like the truck and the quality overall is very good to excellent. No service problems, a few things replaced (A/c switch and a recall on the stop lights) but overall very good. I get 17-18 MPG everday driving, which I thought would be better, but is livable. Good offroad traction for 2wd with locking differential.

Colorado better than it looks but
By Matt Risk on 04/05/08 23:50 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Three months after I bought it iIwas in a wreck, saved my life, but since then the power windows motor has gone out in both windows, one after the other. The interior is bigger than it looks in regular cab. Runs great considering I drive it about 70 miles a day, could use better gas mileage though.

Good little truck
By J B on 04/03/08 10:22 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this vehicle for right at a year now. I purchased it used with 43000 miles on it. I know I paid too much for it but I have no one to blame for that but myself. The vehicle has suprising pep and power for a 5 cyl engine. I'm not completely impressed with MPG as I get anywhere from 17-21 depending on the style of driving I'm doing. I bought the small truck in hopes of better. The truck will absolutely tow a lot more than GM rates it for. Just towed an 8000 lb tractor home after a breakdown. It's definitely worth a look. GM needs to get more advertising out on this vehicle instead of letting it die like I'm hearing they are doing.

Good little truck
By Colorado in Colorado on 02/26/08 15:02 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

These are a steal used. Has been trouble free for the 20000 miles I have owned it. 21.5 mpg around town 26-29 mpg on hwy. 2wd does fine in the snow. Seats could be more comfortable. No rattles in the interior. 2wd Z85 easy on tires, looks like I'll get another 20000 out of them. Handles great for a truck. More fun to drive than my 04 full size overpriced, gas guzzling Toyota that I traded in. Would buy another used one in a minute.

Excellent little truck
By quiksilvor on 02/20/08 20:29 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This was definitely a step up from the Ford Ranger I had previously owned. It has plenty of accessible room for two passengers, and plenty of storage for a pickup truck.

Go with the 3.5 liter
By fu2612 on 01/30/08 13:27 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've always wanted a Silverado but when i got to the dealership it made more econmic sense for me to go with something smaller so i took out the Colorado. So far I love this truck, plenty of power, Inline engines are the best can't be touched, and also excellent decision to make something bigger than an s-10. i get great gas mileage out of a full tank i get about 250 miles which is great for me