2004 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
sad
By never again on 11/09/07 19:02 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z71 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

well i have had this truck 6 months its been it the shop 7 times a/c control head,vent door was sticking, headlights holding water, and then the motor blew up. dealership kept my truck 33days to replace a motor.

Not bad
By divo006 on 03/01/07 19:55 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ZQ8 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2004 ZQ8 a couple months ago. I was rather iffy about it since it was only 2wd and winter coming. I like the fact that I'm one of few with the 3.5L I5. It's a quick little truck and the gas mileage ain't too bad either considering I drive 60 miles or so a day. If you want something to use as utility I wouldnt recommend this truck, but as for small jobs it's perfect. I haul my quads and what not no problem. Interior could use a little work. Exteriors not bad..flashy. Rides a little rough.

Colorado is a poor truck. Buy Toyota!
By GB on 02/20/07 10:05 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z71 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

My 2004 Colorado has had trans leak. Front axle seal and front differential seal leaks. Front end eats tires. GM re-aligned after several calls to GM customer service, now a bad vibration has developed with no fix by GM. Replaced heater blower fan twice. Replaced speaker, cup holder, seat adjuster broken. Interior very cheap. Been in the shop about 14 times for diagnostics and repairs. Have to fight GM for them to fix anything. Poor truck. Will buy Toyota the next time!

Colorado
By stephen on 02/09/07 06:50 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

My Colorado has been such a let down. It feels way too light going down the road. It bounces and is not responsive. Although aesthetically the car is nice, it just did not perform the way I thought it should.

Leaky 2004 Colorado
By Kate J Triplett on 01/09/07 10:28 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Driver's side of cab has been filling with water ever since we got this pickup. Our dealership techs have been unable to fix this, despite repeated stays in their shop. It's been with them since before Thanksgiving this round (Jan.8,2007). For a brand new vehicle, this is unacceptable. We are looking into lemon law for resolution with GM.

Good to Go
By adam on 12/18/06 04:36 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this vehicle for a short time but have driven it everywhere. I like the shifting on the 5 speed and the power.

Colorado A+ Vehicle
By L.Sparrow on 03/21/06 03:19 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven mine 18,000 miles-many of which I have towed a 12 foot enclosed trailer, the truck gets decent mileage and has ample power. The 4wd works great and the ride is firm but not harsh.For my part I feel the engine is a little small, the truck is designed to compete in the midsize market--but the engine option 3.5 is a little small for my part, it doesn't have the towing ability of my 1996 S10 Blazer..

Great Little Truck
By Mello Yellow on 02/04/05 07:49 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z85 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned a 96 4.3 2wd s-10 and still own a 91 4wd s-10 4.3 Blazer. Compared to these trucks she is a vast improvement in all areas. Although the powerband is not what I am used to, she won me over with her smooth running and her Dr. Jeckyl/Mr. Hyde nature. When you get down on her she really hauls the mail. The five speed manual is geared well for this motor and shifts smooth. Handles great and the fuel economy is superb for a 4wd with 3.73 gears. She gets 22mpg or so consistently and has seen 23mpg once. The seats are very comfortable and the stereo sounds awesome. Anyone looking for a solid, efficient daily driver should give this truck a look, although I strongly suggest the manual trans.

I LOVE THIS TRUCK!
By JEFF DAVIS on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

LOOKS & FEELS LIKE A FULL SIZE TRUCK. GREAT STYLING. SPACIOUS INTERIOR WITH VERY COMFORTABLE SEATS. GREAT BRAKES. AWSOME CD SOUND, RACK & PINION STEERING. 5SPEED TRANNY SHIFTS LIKE A SPORTS CAR. I-4 ENG IS QUITE POWERFUL (175HP). FANTASTIC GAS MILEAGE (I"M GETTING BETWEEN 26 & 27 MPG). I RECENTLY HAULED 10 SHEETS OF PLYWOOD ACROSS THE STATE & FOUND THE TAILGATE 55 DEGREE SELECTION WORKS QUITE WELL. YOU CAN PLACE FULL SHEETS OF PLYWOOD DOWN FLAT INSIDE OF BED.

Great commuter/hauler if needed
By kasel on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great vehicle for people who like trucks but use it mostly for commuting with hauling capability.