2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Sled tower
By blaine on 04/11/07 14:32 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

the truck has been 100% reliable with 110,000 km on it. Average fuel economy has been 23.5 mpg. I did not care for the factory seats so I upgraded them to buckets with a console. I use the truck alot for towing snowmobiles on a trailer up mountain roads and for work. the truck has also performed well off road when required.

FIrst Year Mistake
By justin04 on 03/07/07 08:37 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab ZQ8 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Absolutely horrible experience. Engine has failed twice. Exhaust system has failed twice.Transmission system failed once. GM covered exhaust and transmission, but fails to stand behind their engine. Vehicle only has 32k miles, 2nd engine failure at 20 months old.

The Worst Truck Chevy Ever Built
By sparklesandgems on 02/11/07 14:05 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this pickup in 2004 basically due to the rising cost of gas. It has been a electronic nightmare. First the heater messed up, they changed it under warranty. Next the radio would not go off. They looked at it said found nothing. Next the bolts on the door fell off they been replaced twice more. Now the heater is making noises again. The bolt is off the door again, which causes a popping noise each time you open the door. And yesterday the driver's side window would not roll down. And of course it is no longer under warranty. And it has a recall because the brake lights fail to work. I've owed 4 Chevy trucks and the Colorado is not a lower price truck, but just a cheap made truck.

Never Buy a First-Year Product!
By j_r_denver on 01/05/07 22:50 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z85 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This truck replaced a 2001 Dodge Dakota. It is equipped as a 4x4 extended cab with the I-4 engine, which is a horrible mismatch for a truck of this weight. The construction of the box is terrible, with noticeable gaps in the welds where the floor of the box joins the front wall. It came from the factory with the front end out of alignment. It has had non-stop power steering problems, The pump was replaced under warranty, after having not been properly filled at the factory. The replacement was also noisy. It is now down because of failure of the high- pressure hose. Several bowtie-fan friends have called it a lousy representation of a what a Chevy truck should be.

Still Spectacular
By PeteM143 on 06/21/06 17:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Anyone looking to buy a compact pickup should really consider the Colorado. I am in sales and drive my truck every day. I have 59,000 on the clock and it has been nothing short of spectacular. The only part I have needed to replace on my truck was a faulty O2 sensor, other than the standard maintenance items. My truck rides great,handles great and the I5 motor has plenty of power, even when pulling my two horse trailer. If you want V8 power, buy a full size..

Walked Away Safely
By Mike Griggs on 05/11/06 07:47 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

On May 7, 2006, I was in a crash that involved my Colorado. I hit water and lost control and totaled my truck. After the fact, you could not recognize that it was a Colorado, but the fact remained I walked away from the accident with only a mild concusion. Its design, I think, was the main reason I'm still alive today. Thanks Chevy.

Colorado
By Mike on 02/20/06 16:40 PM (PST)

Truck is a great size for someone who doesnt want a full size. Rides great, gets excellent highway mileage (23- 25mpg), good city (16-18mpg), however when it is cold out and you have the heat on or the 4x4 expect (13-14mpg).

Needs to be a full size
By PSMITHFIVE on 01/23/06 13:29 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Chevy did a great thing with making the new Colorado’s to replace the S-10's. I love my Colorado but after a year there is only one thing I regret about buying it. I wish I had got a full sized Silverado. I love the body style of the Colorado and the full size of the Silverado. If Chevy wants to make another smart decision they need to make the 2007 or 2008 Silverado with the same exterior design as the Colorado’s. My next vehicle I buy will be a Silverado. I only hope by time I get it the Silverado does

Colorado
By colorado on 01/20/06 09:34 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Starts right up at 20 below 0. Rides good. I will buy another one soon. Family and friends like it very much. Rides like a car on the interstate. Had no trouble going in snow .

Colorado
By Shannon on 09/21/05 10:20 AM (PDT)

Very reliable. Very few problems, If any, they were under waranty. Truck handles very well, Gas mileage is not bad.