2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
What S10
By lilgas69 on 07/04/08 11:19 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

i had to let my S10 go due to penny pinching. but I loved the truck. I did not expect the Colorado to be as good as it is but the 2.8 is great for mileage and power and the sound system is the best stock I have heard yet.

04 Colorado Z71 LS
By Dave on 04/22/08 19:10 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

We like the truck and the quality overall is very good to excellent. No service problems, a few things replaced (A/c switch and a recall on the stop lights) but overall very good. I get 17-18 MPG everday driving, which I thought would be better, but is livable. Good offroad traction for 2wd with locking differential.

Solid performer
By tommyg22 on 01/10/08 03:21 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Overall I have to say that I really enjoy the look and ride of this truck although I did have to replace the coil pack at about 66,000 (No big deal 250.00) other than that I really don't understand the other reviews about lack of power. The inline 5 plenty of power and if I put my foot down I can roast the rears all day long. Thanks for a good one Chevy!

Good fueleconomy truck!!
By BJ on 06/13/07 22:07 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

If you are looking for a great-good truck, this is it. Runs good looks good and I get 24.87 miles per gal. Driving 60 mph. with the A/C on.

Colorado Not Good
By James Zapalac on 05/18/07 08:16 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Too many problems for under 70,000 miles. Cruise control had to be replaced, CD player ate a CD, had to be replaced. Recall on anti- locking brake light, manifold just crack, must be replaced, and AC is about to go out- just a matter of time. American car companies are forcing me to buy foreign. I have never bought a foreign vehicle before, but American made are not reliable.

Complaint free
By Chris on 04/20/07 17:51 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I've had this truck 2.5 yrs. and have put roughly 135,000 miles on it and thinking about a new 2007 replacement. Needless to say, with all the miles I've put on my truck, with no repairs needed, with the exception of two minor warranty repairs, this truck has been virtually trouble free. There is nothing wrong with the interior. It is what it is somewhat plain but extremely tough sensible hard plastic save for the cloth seats and well laid out. The exterior styling still impresses me as the best looking mid size crew cab on the road.

It's no Tacoma!
By llamawalker on 03/01/07 16:31 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I bought this truck to replace a 2002 Toyota extended cab 4x4,v6. After almost 3 years of ownership that decision is haunting me. The Chevy does tow better and is more stable on the road, and I think it looks 100% better than the Tacoma, but that's where it ends. From the start the A/C wasn't cold. 2 trips to the dealer fixed the problem...leaking valve. Next it was the trailering wire harness,fried up. The dealer harvested a part out of a 2005 on the lot. Between those problems it ate the front tires up. Misaligned from the factory....not covered by warranty. All this with 23000 miles. At 42000 the entire throttle body and throttle position actuator were replaced. Boo,GM....BOO!!

Ford Lover buys a Chevy
By Happy_Driver on 02/24/07 19:51 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Been driving Fords all my life, purchased this 2004 in 12/06 with 90k miles. Wow GM you did it this time. What a great truck. Fun to drive, tight as the day it was made. Put a sno way plow on it. Great truck! Sorry no more Fords for me!

Ouch
By JA on 02/02/07 10:23 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I was pretty pleased with my Colorado until recently. I purchased it new 2.5 years ago. Great ride. Great gas mileage. Good in the snow. The starter had to be replaced after 6 months. My check engine light recently came on. Took it to the dealership. They tell me a cylinder needs replaced. $3,000+. Whoa! Of course the warranty has expired too. This shouldn't happen. The truck isn't that old and I hear of others with the same problem.

Engine Problems
By C Amey on 01/24/07 21:08 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I had one of the cylinders worked on after 2 months and now after 2 and a half years need to have the entire cylinder head replaced - $4,000, of course out of warranty and with no help from GM. To be honest that's only the start of all the problems that I've had with the vehicle. The quality and reliability on this vehicle stinks along with GM customer service. I'll never by another GM.