Used 2004 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Big Disapointment
By Sad

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Have always bought Gm product and the have always treated me well but this thing is a joke. The mileage is a joke at 15 mpg. I get 21 from a full size truck and Tahoe! As for the towing capacity it is the same as my wife's Escape. What a joke! The thing is falling apart. The roof leaks, the headliners and carpet are shot! Cheap plastic that breaks with little effort. The front turn signals keep getting corrosion in the plugs and have to be cleaned month after month. I do not abuse my vehicles in any way. This thing is junk!

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Go back to the S-10 They were good solid trucks.

Colorado Rocks
By glj

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This truck was the most dependable vehicle I've ever owned. I put 125,000 miles on it and had almost no trouble. I just traded it in and feel like I lost part of the family.

Favorite Features

The 5 cylinder worked great and had a lot of pep

Suggested Improvements

Bigger wheels

376,000 miles and still running perfect
By Curtis

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

My '04 Colorado Z71 crew cab has 376,000 as of yesterday and looks like it did when I got it except for the cracks in the windshield. The rear end wore out and had all the stuff inside it replaced at 360,000 for $1800.00. Engine does not use any oil I use Amsoil in the engine transmission and rear end. I am going to replace the tires soon this will be the 3rd set this set of tires has almost 160,000 miles on them. If you want to stop cupping on the inside of your front tires have them align the front tires straight up and down and keep air pressure about 40-42 pounds.

Favorite Features

It takes me every week over 1500 + miles and gets me back home safe and sound and still gets 22-25 mpg. :)

Suggested Improvements

Clone my truck and make a commercial to show how a American made vehicle can last like the imports do.

dont buy chev colorado
By sweet98092

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I have a 2004 chev colorado 3.5 L 4x4 crew cab z-71. Don't buy this truck they are junk. I have replaced the tranny at 86,000 miles. The electric driver window and heater fan control don't work. Engine has a low noise knock, and for some reason I have to replace the battery every 6 - 8 months. Fake leather on passenger seat is coming apart

Favorite Features

Push button 4x4 ans limited slip , 20 mpg

Suggested Improvements

Reliability!!!!

Fun, sporty ZQ8
By fatherof1

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I wasn't a big fan of crew cab Colorado's (small bed), but having a baby forced me into one. However, I feel this is the best truck for me and have been won over! My Colorado has room for my family and just about anything else we need to haul. Right after purchasing we had some problems with the traction control. After 6 trips back to the dealer they finally found a wire that had the insulation rubbed thru which was causing the system to ground. This was very frustrating and worrisome at first but the truck has been fine since. The 220 hp 5 cyl and ZQ8 package gives this truck a very sporty feel and is fun to drive.

Favorite Features

ZQ8 package (17" wheels, 5 cyl, bucket seats). XM radio has been great!

Suggested Improvements

Front brake set up pretty much forces you to have brakes done at the dealership. My S10 and Sonoma were easy to do brakes on. The Colorado's set up is a disappointment. Rear disc brakes and aux imput for the radio would be nice. MPG has been ~20 for me. ~25 MPG or better would be ideal.