2004 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews 2

2004 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Great in the woods
By scott on 04/03/09 14:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Colorado used with 29,000 miles on it, and the day I bought I started putting it to the test. I have been through some of the worst mudholes, the deepest snow, I drove right through a swamp once, and it goes right through it in 4wd. The only problem I ever had with it is the transmission mount sits really low and can get hung up on things. This is a great little truck for getting in and out the woods for hunting, or just playing around in the mud. There really isn't anything that I haven't put my Colorado through, and it still runs strong, and I haven't had to replace anything on it and it now has 110,000 miles in it.

Wonderful Vehicle
By Laine Allemond on 03/04/09 13:05 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have the ZQ8 LS, with the optional 3.5L I5 cylinder. This is my first truck, by the way I am 18 years old. But before I purchased this vehicle, I did a lot of research and test drives. I love the great gas mileage, as well as looks and good performance. The truck handles well, and it is a plus for towing capacity as well. It is black, with a red bow tie, and that truck looks mean coming down the road. It has good interior volume, as well as OK styling. Although, a few things can be added in the cab to make it a bit more appealing. The fact that I chose the Colorado over many other vehicles in it's class is for the street looking body as well as rims. Well, black does add to its sexiness.

Excellent for the price
By Mike on 02/14/09 16:25 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the truck new in 2004 and he went to the test, off road, carried load, pulling stuff. For a 4cyl this very good. I will keep it until he to the junk yard.

Good Truck
By PMWoods on 02/03/09 19:54 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck new in 2004. I have had no real issues with it. One of the seat knobs broke (my fault) and it was recalled a couple of times, but I have had no electrical problems or engine problems. Some of the people on here amaze me - I mean, what do they want? Not a single manufacturer makes a vehicle that doesn't break. People seem to think that Toyotas are better because it says Toyota on it. Well, Toyota didn't stand behind the engine in my Tundra when it went bad. This Colorado has been the best truck I've owned.

It's been great
By Bill on 01/28/09 07:15 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z71 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Colorado as a demo with 8K miles. The only item I had to replace was an oxygen sensor that I replaced myself for $60. I take very good care of my vehicles and the truck still looks and runs like brand new after 100K miles.

Roll Over
By Hetfield on 12/30/08 02:06 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Had the truck for 4 years and never had any problems. Got good gas mileage and enough towing power to pull a fishing boat. Wrecked/totaled it this winter in icy weather, rolled once landing on its wheels - with the engine still running. Tough truck that was built well, definitely got my money's worth and am looking to buy another.

Please watch out Z71 Crew Cab LS 4WD
By workless on 08/18/08 10:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I bought new in 7-03, thought that since the S-10's this would be better. This is single-handedly the worst vehicle I ever owned out of 10+ GM products. The 5 cylinder had no power and even worse fuel economy. The worst is the front end, Isuzu product that is junk. Replace your front brake rotors and you'll know what I mean - the design is ridiculous. The GM book rate is 6+ hours to remove a rotor. Then the flex hose to the rear brakes broke down internally and the micro rubber particles jammed up the rear brakes and the ABS system. I traded it in before I paid the approx $1700 for the replacement. I called GM with this complaint, they never called back! Premium gas only or sensors lit daily

Great Truck
By Larry Gillenwater on 07/28/08 20:13 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven Fords for 30yrs this is my 2nd Chevy. This truck is great. Well pleased. Good on gas, 3.5 motor 21-23 around town, great for 4x4. Chevy built a great truck in this line.

Gas hog
By loser on 07/20/08 17:35 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck used in 2006. After just a few hundred miles I saw I was in trouble. Running interstate speed, the truck would quiver so bad you were unable to see ot the rearview mirror. It had pleanty of power, but really loved the gas. With gas prices over $4, it had to go.

What S10
By lilgas69 on 07/04/08 11:19 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

i had to let my S10 go due to penny pinching. but I loved the truck. I did not expect the Colorado to be as good as it is but the 2.8 is great for mileage and power and the sound system is the best stock I have heard yet.