2004 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
2wd reg cab 5 cyl
By dgibb on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

have the inline 5 (not listed in the above pull down menu) uncomfortabl seats engine noise in cab very high cheap looking interior features lousy radio speakers

best truck for 2004
By rockets on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I like the power and handling. Body styling is great. Wish more space is provided for my subwoofer box.

Great
By Goober123456 on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

No problems good on gas

Great little truck
By Rarch on 01/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I have found the truck to be just what I wanted. It has a smooth comfortable ride with excellent gas milage. It offers the comfort and gas milage of an automobile yet leaves me the option of using it as a truck. I don't have the need for a large truck but wanted something that would allow me the option of hauling a larger load than an auto and yet have something better than an SUV for gas milage. I also wanted a vehicle that rode smooth and handled well. This vehicle fit the bill. Its just a fun vehicle to drive.

A sophisticated solid NICE TRUCK
By Adam Bakh on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

HI, I have been driving trucks for a while now. I used to drive a standard isuzu with no confort options. I got my Colorado almost fully loaded (all except the leather and the Onstar). Now instead of dreading the drive to work I love it. This truck is comfrtable yet regged, sporty yet serious, and generally a damn good truck. and the 4x4 with the rear wheel deferential is excelent in snow, Ice and heavy off-roading a must have for anyone in CANADA. I did a lot of investigating before I bought this truck. and I tell you compared to this truck the Ranger, Dakota, or even the toyota Tundra seem like WWII technology.

z71
By jim331656 on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This is a great truck. The I-5 has plenty of power and does good on gas. The truck looks very cool too. The interior is done alittle cheap in my opinion a little plasticy, but other than that its a great looking fun to drive truck.

Disappointed
By Coloradoman on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I bought this truck instead of a Dakota which I'd test drove twice because it was a new design and I've always fancied Chevys. All I felt since my first trip on the interstate was regret for not buying the Dakota. My 2nd trip to the shop for "minor" problems concreted my remorse. A note to all other people considering this truck.. The Colorado was released to put life back into their compact truck line and to directly compete with the Dodge dakota. The are batting .500. It is better than the S- 10 but still no comparison to the Dakota..

Finally!
By Skkoner on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I used to be an S-10 owners, but went Ford/Mazda for 10 years. lots of interior head and leg room. I can really notice the 220 ponies, but the torque is a little lower than my 4.0L Mazda. I won't be pushing the truck to its limits so this is entirely acceptable. four wheel drive engages very smooth and quietly, and the General tires on it perform excellent in the snow. The engine is virtually silent, and has plenty of power for my uses. An occasional load of dirt or lumber, or towing walleye boat. Overall this truck is a perfect fit for my needs with pleanty of power and more than adequate torque.

Colorado
By sheik830 on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

so far so good but I don't have a lot of miles on it yet.It has lots of room inside the cab.Plenty of power also.It looks really aggressive.This truck should sell very good.

sport truck
By trav on 12/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have the 3.5 liter, but it was not listed. quick truck. handles perfect