2004 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews 16

2004 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Robke Rules!
By katrinak on 03/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great truck. It is the perfect size, nicely powered and very comfortable - as are all Chevy's products. Just a joy to drive.

A great new truck from Chevy
By omowasu on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I test drove this truck today, and WOW, GM has designed a great new smaller pickup. I personally found it to be a much better truck than the Dakota. The Colorado gets much, much better mileage than the Dakota. Also, the Colorado handles better and accelerates superbly. Granted, you can get the Dakota with a V8, but why would you want to suck up the 13mpg?

Sweeeeet!
By Moe the Dog on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Where has this truck been all my life? It has both power and fuel efficiency. The ride is so smooth that you sometimes forget your in a truck. If your in the market buy this truck immediately.

Excellent Small Pickup
By Pete M143 on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

My Colorado came with the I5, auto, buckets and the ext. cab. I spend countless hours in my truck. Contrary to the pro reviews, I find nothing wrong with the interior design/materials. Compared to Japanese branded trucks, the quality difference in materials was negligible. Every part on this truck is aligned as expected and perfectly matched and spaced. The ride is wonderful, the truck goes exactly where you point it, and doesn't wander over bumpy roads. Dodge, Toyota and Nissan trucks were nice, but not as good. GM got it right, this is an excellent truck.

after the first 3 months
By till on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

purchased my colorado in dec 2003 took it on a long drive (ohio to florida) the following so i got a pretty good test drive handles pretty well i think a 6cly would be better suited for the size on the crew cab 4x4 but the 5cly is under powered you can tell ther should be more there when your in traffic and want to pass and changing lanes could have done more with the wheels the dull gray is just kind of bla

Excellent Small Pickup
By Pete M on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

My Colorado came with the I5, auto, buckets and the ext. cab. I spend countless hours in my truck. Contrary to the pro reviews, I find nothing wrong with the interior design/materials. Compared to Japanese branded trucks, the quality difference in materials was negligible. Every part on this truck is aligned as expected and the body panels are perfectly matched and spaced. The ride is wonderful, the truck goes exactly where you point it, and doesn't wander over bumpy roads. Dodge, Toyota and Nissan trucks were nice, but not near as good. GM got it right, this is an excellent truck.

nice truck
By jtie77 on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

so far so good, wish it was a bit higher and had larger 16 inch rims i have the optional 5cyl. but wish i had a 6.

Chevrolet Colorado Z85 4wd, I5
By kdeatrick on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned this truck almost 2 months now and have driven it 4,000 miles. I love everything about it so far. It is a great step up from my 1991 S10, and the rear seats in the ext. cab seem much safer than the 1994-2003 Ext. Cab S10's. The ride and handling are great. The I5 engine has got plenty of power and torque to get the job done. My truck has the I5 Engine, Automatic Transmission, Locking Diffential, 4wd.

good campact utility truck
By Rambo9 on 03/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I'am 6' 8" and I fit better in this truck then I did in my 2001 tahoe. I like it better because it's smaller, easy to mauneuver in traffic, and fun to drive. The engine does need more lower end torque, but I must say I do enjoy all that back end power. It takes off like a rocket past 40. However, I have yet to see the claimed 18 to 24 MPG. More like 16 to 16

4DR 4x4 FUN
By Wasadeal on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I traded in a 2001 Nissan crew cab and am more satisfied with the cab room and gas mileage, considering it has a more powerful engine, is bigger and is a 4x4. So far the quality is as good as most others models/mfr's in it's class. It is also quite capable off road of which it was twice in the first couple of weeks.