2004 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Great truck
By lcapozzi on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Great overal truck 1000 miles driven. Easy to drive and handel. The only down fall I have found so far is the high back bucket seat limit vision throught the rear view mirror. But still a great truck. I would buy another.

colorado z71
By kilton on 05/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z71 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Interior looks a little on the cheap side lots of plastic. Vinyl trim around seat rails has some ugly gaps. i-5 power ok.

Good choice for its class
By efdake on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Keep in mind that I am upgrading from a '89 Ford Ranger XLT 5 speed manual standard cab with 4 cyls. With that being said, I looked at the Nissan Titan, Toyota Tundra, GMC Canyon and the Chevy Colorado. Ruled out the Titan and Tundra for gas mileage and size. I was impressed when I drove the Canyon and went to the Chevy dealership to do the 24 hour test drive as the Colorado was available. I ended up purchasing the Colorado. Found one with the features and options I wanted. After driving this machine for a week-and-a-half I am very impressed. Good ride, smooth and easy to drive. I’m glad I chose this vehicle. See my favorite feature list.

Cool and Quick
By nursemikern on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I went from a f250 to the colorado. Power was a bit lower but it more than made up for it in performance and gas milage. Only problem I had was something loose above the adjoining doors on the drivers side. Dealership fixed it without a fuss. So far the truck has been awesome. The exterior is fantastic. The interior is great, just wish it had the sunglass holder thing on the inside roof. I'm 6 ft 3 and I fit in it just fine which is a big plus. Was concerned about the lower power (compared to the 250) but so far the truck has come through without a problem.

Colorado Z71 EXT. I5
By caf on 04/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

GM did a great job with this truck. I was a little skeptical about the 5 cylindar idea, but this truck just blew me away. It climbs hills without any hesitation, it handles very car-like and it looks tough! And I'm talking about the extended cab Z71 4x4. On a bumpy road, it's a bit rough, but for normal driving, it terrific.

not too shabby chevy
By r graham on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

great looking ,z71 crew cab package is the one to go with,the box could have been a little bit longer,but my hauling big loads days are over.very good on power and exceleration,gas mileage is alot better than i thought,transmission is smooth and effortless ,unlike that of a ford ranger and the stiffer frame gives it a smooth feel over rough roadways, very roomy interior all around tanx chevy!

Great Truck
By Mike Patterson on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This truck is a great truck,it is very responsvie. As a mechanic of 30 years this is a very fun truck to drive and is very comfortable. Well biult and good looking truck

Fun little truck
By Chevy buyer on 04/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I first looked at the truck in the new truck line catalog. I liked what I saw as my daughter wanted her own window and door to open. It is the perfect little truck for small home improvment jobs as well as anything else.

Balanced CrewCab
By Z71Dave on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Great truck. Has a great balance between power, fuel economy, size, and style. I really like the looks inside and out. I have the victory red w/ painted fender flares. I am averaging 19MPG with 700 miles on the truck. Driving a mix between city and highway.

good
By romeo2cu on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

best new truck should come in a long bedneeds biger horsepower