2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Perfect for me
By WScottCross on 03/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This truck is perfect for me. I was hesitant to give up the room of a sedan but with this I didn't have to.

patty's new truck
By gordon banks on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

got the truch for my wive to drive everday and for both on the weekends z71 rides a little hard but is a fun truck to drive and has good handleing

my truck
By jason73 on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I love this truck for so many things but the best thing I love is the smooth ride

Find the truck that matches your needs
By extremerider on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

First off, this is NOT for the full sizer. GM's target market segment is the user who needs to occasionally carry loads from the local home improvement store. GM hit the mark. Good: Gas mileage Utility Cabin space BROAD powerband & SMOOTH delivery Accomplished ride Quiet cabin Driveability Aesthetic design The inline 5 doesn't have the low-end torque of a V8, but that's not what I needed. It has enough acceleration and also has sufficient highway passing power. I am impressed with the deliver of the I5's power. The power-band is very broad and smooth. It has a much more refined ride than expected in a compact truck. This truck really is practical.

kewl colorado
By rudy rock on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

this car is really great. it is a car that you can reliy on. my experiance was spectacular. i think everybody in the world should get this tru

I love this truck
By shanegwu on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This truck gets great gas mileage for the 220 hp, I-5 engine. Its comfortable to drive and feel safe. Highly recommended truck.

Driving one now, so-so
By docgoku on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

It feels like a base rental car on the interior, with very hard plastics that tap instead of thud when you give them a thump. The drving position is impossible to get right. I'm 6'0" and if I have my upper body comfortable at the wheel then my legs are all bunched up, and if my legs are at a good stretch my arms can't reach the wheel. It's very loud, but I expected that from a truck. The auto tranny is prone to downshift even on the most mild interstate inclines. However the suspension is very good the best I've been in for a truck.

Nice Truck
By Don Darnell on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I find the 5 cylinder to be a wonderfull engine, but they could have spent some engineering money on the exhaust note. The seats are great, the interior it very good. No real complaints so far, and my other cars are Porsches and an Audi. My 5 year old thinks it's cool, and that's what really matters.

Nice Truck
By Former Z Owner on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This truck is marketed toward people who won't do a lot of towing and value ride/comfort, which is me. The crew cab has lots of interior room, even for 6 footers in the back seat. The 5 cylinder engine has plenty of power, better than the V6 it replaces in the S-10. Plus its better on gas.

best truck for 2004
By rockets on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I like the power and handling. Body styling is great. Wish more space is provided for my subwoofer box.