2004 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Wonderful Vehicle
By Laine Allemond on 03/04/09 13:05 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have the ZQ8 LS, with the optional 3.5L I5 cylinder. This is my first truck, by the way I am 18 years old. But before I purchased this vehicle, I did a lot of research and test drives. I love the great gas mileage, as well as looks and good performance. The truck handles well, and it is a plus for towing capacity as well. It is black, with a red bow tie, and that truck looks mean coming down the road. It has good interior volume, as well as OK styling. Although, a few things can be added in the cab to make it a bit more appealing. The fact that I chose the Colorado over many other vehicles in it's class is for the street looking body as well as rims. Well, black does add to its sexiness.

Good Truck
By PMWoods on 02/03/09 19:54 PM (PST)

I bought this truck new in 2004. I have had no real issues with it. One of the seat knobs broke (my fault) and it was recalled a couple of times, but I have had no electrical problems or engine problems. Some of the people on here amaze me - I mean, what do they want? Not a single manufacturer makes a vehicle that doesn't break. People seem to think that Toyotas are better because it says Toyota on it. Well, Toyota didn't stand behind the engine in my Tundra when it went bad. This Colorado has been the best truck I've owned.

This truck is a winner
By allan on 06/02/08 14:26 PM (PDT)

Listen carefully- I want to get the word out- this truck is awesome! I bought a like new 2004 2.8l 5 speed. It has 75,000 miles and drives like a champ- this is proof this truck has good quality. I use it to haul my motorcyles and pick up materials for my weekend projects. It's comfy, the stick shift has great position and feel to it and it shifts smoothly! This little engine is great on gas and once you get moving it hums. Great stereo. Fun to drive!

Good little truck
By Colorado in Colorado on 02/26/08 15:02 PM (PST)

These are a steal used. Has been trouble free for the 20000 miles I have owned it. 21.5 mpg around town 26-29 mpg on hwy. 2wd does fine in the snow. Seats could be more comfortable. No rattles in the interior. 2wd Z85 easy on tires, looks like I'll get another 20000 out of them. Handles great for a truck. More fun to drive than my 04 full size overpriced, gas guzzling Toyota that I traded in. Would buy another used one in a minute.

Colorado ZQ8 LS I5 Auto
By wylde on 07/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

My truck actually has the inline 5 with Auto (loaded) but that selection was not available. I test drove it out of curiousity since I own a S10 and bought it out of impulse... no regrets. After owning 2 S10 trucks, one a 2002 Xtreme (loaded) and a 98 S10 LS (which I still own) the Colorado really impressed me in the ride and power (I even got a speeding ticket test driving...oops). I had actually test drove a crew cab ZQ8 but opted for a regular cab instead simply for personal preferance in looks. The sound system is a huge improvement from my 2002 S10. It can be left stock as mine will. I wish they would have had MP3 availability though (2005 supposedly will).

sport truck
By trav on 12/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

I have the 3.5 liter, but it was not listed. quick truck. handles perfect