Used 2004 Chevrolet Colorado ZQ8 LS Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Wonderful Vehicle
By Laine Allemond

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have the ZQ8 LS, with the optional 3.5L I5 cylinder. This is my first truck, by the way I am 18 years old. But before I purchased this vehicle, I did a lot of research and test drives. I love the great gas mileage, as well as looks and good performance. The truck handles well, and it is a plus for towing capacity as well. It is black, with a red bow tie, and that truck looks mean coming down the road. It has good interior volume, as well as OK styling. Although, a few things can be added in the cab to make it a bit more appealing. The fact that I chose the Colorado over many other vehicles in it's class is for the street looking body as well as rims. Well, black does add to its sexiness.

Favorite Features

Body Style, Gas Mileage, Bed liner, Color, Acceleration, Towing Capacity, Tail Lights, Rims, Street Suspension

Suggested Improvements

Seat Comfortably, Interior Styling, Better Radio

Good Truck
By PMWoods

I bought this truck new in 2004. I have had no real issues with it. One of the seat knobs broke (my fault) and it was recalled a couple of times, but I have had no electrical problems or engine problems. Some of the people on here amaze me - I mean, what do they want? Not a single manufacturer makes a vehicle that doesn't break. People seem to think that Toyotas are better because it says Toyota on it. Well, Toyota didn't stand behind the engine in my Tundra when it went bad. This Colorado has been the best truck I've owned.

Favorite Features

4-cylinder gets good mileage and is spunky. Very fun to drive with sport suspension and manual transmission.

Suggested Improvements

How about a braking system that an owner can service themselves - front rotors have to be turned on vehicle and are very expensive to replace if not turnable.

This truck is a winner
By allan

Listen carefully- I want to get the word out- this truck is awesome! I bought a like new 2004 2.8l 5 speed. It has 75,000 miles and drives like a champ- this is proof this truck has good quality. I use it to haul my motorcyles and pick up materials for my weekend projects. It's comfy, the stick shift has great position and feel to it and it shifts smoothly! This little engine is great on gas and once you get moving it hums. Great stereo. Fun to drive!

Favorite Features

Style, stick shift (position and feel) roominess, great on gas, comfort, stock stereo rocks! Spray on bed liner

Suggested Improvements

Needs a key hole for passenger door, window handles should be higher, cup holes deeper

Good little truck
By Colorado in Colorado

These are a steal used. Has been trouble free for the 20000 miles I have owned it. 21.5 mpg around town 26-29 mpg on hwy. 2wd does fine in the snow. Seats could be more comfortable. No rattles in the interior. 2wd Z85 easy on tires, looks like I'll get another 20000 out of them. Handles great for a truck. More fun to drive than my 04 full size overpriced, gas guzzling Toyota that I traded in. Would buy another used one in a minute.

Favorite Features

Easy to drive. Good power to weight ratio. Economical. Good looking. Solid interior. Nice sized cab.

Suggested Improvements

Seats need improving. 6 speed auto tranny with manual shift mode.

Colorado ZQ8 LS I5 Auto
By wylde

My truck actually has the inline 5 with Auto (loaded) but that selection was not available. I test drove it out of curiousity since I own a S10 and bought it out of impulse... no regrets. After owning 2 S10 trucks, one a 2002 Xtreme (loaded) and a 98 S10 LS (which I still own) the Colorado really impressed me in the ride and power (I even got a speeding ticket test driving...oops). I had actually test drove a crew cab ZQ8 but opted for a regular cab instead simply for personal preferance in looks. The sound system is a huge improvement from my 2002 S10. It can be left stock as mine will. I wish they would have had MP3 availability though (2005 supposedly will).

Favorite Features

The power is unbelievable for the size of engine and fuel economy is equally unbelievable. After having a gutless 4.3 V6 I was very impressed with the I5 engine.

Suggested Improvements

Nicer interior and better seats definately should be first for GM. No vanity mirror in the driver side sunvisor is very cheap on their part and the headliner could be improved. My 98 S10 LS has some better interior features as in dual lighted vanity mirrors and a matching headliner.