2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Used 2004 Colorado Crewcab 2WD 2.8L/M5
By meangreen94z on 06/24/08 20:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this used with 49K miles 5 months ago, now has 55k miles. The guy that traded it in thought the truck had electrical issues because blower speeds 1-3 would cut out and the CD player wouldnt eject. I bought the truck with little fear being that Im a technician. Tracked the blower issue down to a loose connection at the connector on the blower resistor. The CD drive was jammed with crumbs/dust, and just needed to be cleaned and lubed. Fixed both at a cost of $0 (probably $500 otherwise) and the truck has been great since. No leaks anywhere and still feels solid. I average 21 in the city, and 25-26 on the highway with the 4 cylinder/M5 combo.

Excellent little truck
By quiksilvor on 02/20/08 20:29 PM (PST)

This was definitely a step up from the Ford Ranger I had previously owned. It has plenty of accessible room for two passengers, and plenty of storage for a pickup truck.

Electrical Gremlins!
By Rick on 11/13/07 06:56 AM (PST)

I purchased the 04 model in 05. Nice looking truck but here is the issues I have had. ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS!!! Brake lights just stop working intermittently. (Rear ended twice but can't prove the lights were not working at time) I had the driver side door locks replaced twice! Drv side windows "sometimes" don't work. Now psngr side windows don't work. "sometimes" AC fan is noisy. (Very annoying!) Fuel rating is wrong. I only get about 17 mpg if I am lucky and have the wind blowing behind me. It already burned up the cat conv in only 40k miles!

Needs to be a full size
By PSMITHFIVE on 01/23/06 13:29 PM (PST)

Chevy did a great thing with making the new Colorado’s to replace the S-10's. I love my Colorado but after a year there is only one thing I regret about buying it. I wish I had got a full sized Silverado. I love the body style of the Colorado and the full size of the Silverado. If Chevy wants to make another smart decision they need to make the 2007 or 2008 Silverado with the same exterior design as the Colorado’s. My next vehicle I buy will be a Silverado. I only hope by time I get it the Silverado does

Colorado
By ross1113 on 06/14/05 23:52 PM (PDT)

I am very happy with my Colorado to date. Although it has already been into the shop for engine problems, and had new springs installed and new spark plugs. The fuel economy is not impressive so far. But, I love the drive and it is very comfortable on long trips. Took it on an 8 hour drive and it was a pleasure.

04 z85 LS 2wd,5cyl,auto
By kbs04z85 on 10/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I'm 20 and this is the first new vehicle I have owned and I love it, I have the 5cyl. auto and it gets great gas milage, no mechanical problems, and is pretty quick, I love this truck.

Excellent Small Pickup
By Pete M143 on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

My Colorado came with the I5, auto, buckets and the ext. cab. I spend countless hours in my truck. Contrary to the pro reviews, I find nothing wrong with the interior design/materials. Compared to Japanese branded trucks, the quality difference in materials was negligible. Every part on this truck is aligned as expected and perfectly matched and spaced. The ride is wonderful, the truck goes exactly where you point it, and doesn't wander over bumpy roads. Dodge, Toyota and Nissan trucks were nice, but not as good. GM got it right, this is an excellent truck.

Excellent Small Pickup
By Pete M on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

My Colorado came with the I5, auto, buckets and the ext. cab. I spend countless hours in my truck. Contrary to the pro reviews, I find nothing wrong with the interior design/materials. Compared to Japanese branded trucks, the quality difference in materials was negligible. Every part on this truck is aligned as expected and the body panels are perfectly matched and spaced. The ride is wonderful, the truck goes exactly where you point it, and doesn't wander over bumpy roads. Dodge, Toyota and Nissan trucks were nice, but not near as good. GM got it right, this is an excellent truck.