2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Gas hog
By loser on 07/20/08 17:35 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck used in 2006. After just a few hundred miles I saw I was in trouble. Running interstate speed, the truck would quiver so bad you were unable to see ot the rearview mirror. It had pleanty of power, but really loved the gas. With gas prices over $4, it had to go.

Just about a year
By Pete Morano on 12/24/04 19:10 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Colorado just about a year and it has been EXCELLENT! The truck went back to the dealer for a loose electrical connector to the emissions system and hasnt been back other than oil changes and a tire rotation. This truck is still very impressive. There are no squeaks or rattles, with over 20K on the clock. The I5 performs nicely. It's not a tire burner, but there is plenty of oomph when needed It pulls my horse trailer with no problems and performs predictably with a full load in the bed. Handling is excellent, as it is better than a few cars I have owned. My Orange Sunburst Chevy still turns heads and looks great. I'd still pick it over a 2005 Toyota or Nissan.

2004 CHEVY COLORADO 2.8 EXT.CAB
By JAVI63 on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I'VE HAD THIS VEHICLE FOR A LITTLE OVER A MONTH,SO FAR I HAVE NOT EXPERIENCED ANY PROBLEMS,BUT THE SEATS FEEL CHEAP(PADDING NOT VERY FIRM).TRUCK RIDES SMOOTH AND SOLID WITH NO SQEAKS OR RATTLES.ENGINE(4 CYL.) IS SMOOTH BUT LACKS BOTTOM END POWER.TRNSMISSION(5 SPEED MAN.)SHIFT VERY SMOOTH.THE COLORADO IS A GREAT LOOKING TRUCK BUT THE SHEET METAL IS FLEMSY AND THE PAINT IS FULL OF ORANGE PEEL.