Used 2004 Chevrolet Colorado Z85 LS Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Used 2004 Colorado Crewcab 2WD 2.8L/M5
By meangreen94z

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this used with 49K miles 5 months ago, now has 55k miles. The guy that traded it in thought the truck had electrical issues because blower speeds 1-3 would cut out and the CD player wouldnt eject. I bought the truck with little fear being that Im a technician. Tracked the blower issue down to a loose connection at the connector on the blower resistor. The CD drive was jammed with crumbs/dust, and just needed to be cleaned and lubed. Fixed both at a cost of $0 (probably $500 otherwise) and the truck has been great since. No leaks anywhere and still feels solid. I average 21 in the city, and 25-26 on the highway with the 4 cylinder/M5 combo.

Favorite Features

Exterior design. Fuel economy. Smooth shifting 5 speed. Crew cab design

Suggested Improvements

Improve interior. 4 cyl power only comes into concern when trying to pass on freeway. But GM is offering the 5.3 V8 in '09. Wish they would offer it with a manual though!

Excellent little truck
By quiksilvor

This was definitely a step up from the Ford Ranger I had previously owned. It has plenty of accessible room for two passengers, and plenty of storage for a pickup truck.

Electrical Gremlins!
By Rick

I purchased the 04 model in 05. Nice looking truck but here is the issues I have had. ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS!!! Brake lights just stop working intermittently. (Rear ended twice but can't prove the lights were not working at time) I had the driver side door locks replaced twice! Drv side windows "sometimes" don't work. Now psngr side windows don't work. "sometimes" AC fan is noisy. (Very annoying!) Fuel rating is wrong. I only get about 17 mpg if I am lucky and have the wind blowing behind me. It already burned up the cat conv in only 40k miles!

Favorite Features

Nice looking!

Suggested Improvements

Fix the electrical issues ASAP!

Needs to be a full size
By PSMITHFIVE

Chevy did a great thing with making the new Colorado’s to replace the S-10's. I love my Colorado but after a year there is only one thing I regret about buying it. I wish I had got a full sized Silverado. I love the body style of the Colorado and the full size of the Silverado. If Chevy wants to make another smart decision they need to make the 2007 or 2008 Silverado with the same exterior design as the Colorado’s. My next vehicle I buy will be a Silverado. I only hope by time I get it the Silverado does

Favorite Features

The body design of the Colorado is beautiful only on the models with out the plastic fenders.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the plastic fenders as an option and make the Silverado with the same body design.

Colorado
By ross1113

I am very happy with my Colorado to date. Although it has already been into the shop for engine problems, and had new springs installed and new spark plugs. The fuel economy is not impressive so far. But, I love the drive and it is very comfortable on long trips. Took it on an 8 hour drive and it was a pleasure.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive! Love the automatic headlights...bright too.

Suggested Improvements

Better turning radius. Available in V6 would be nice. Rear window defogger needed.