Used 2004 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Most Helpful|
2004 CHEVY COLORADO 2.8 EXT.CAB
By JAVI63

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I'VE HAD THIS VEHICLE FOR A LITTLE OVER A MONTH,SO FAR I HAVE NOT EXPERIENCED ANY PROBLEMS,BUT THE SEATS FEEL CHEAP(PADDING NOT VERY FIRM).TRUCK RIDES SMOOTH AND SOLID WITH NO SQEAKS OR RATTLES.ENGINE(4 CYL.) IS SMOOTH BUT LACKS BOTTOM END POWER.TRNSMISSION(5 SPEED MAN.)SHIFT VERY SMOOTH.THE COLORADO IS A GREAT LOOKING TRUCK BUT THE SHEET METAL IS FLEMSY AND THE PAINT IS FULL OF ORANGE PEEL.

Favorite Features

FOWARD FACING REAR SEATS(EXT CAB),BOTH REAR CB DOORS OPEN.SMOOTH SHIFTING TRANNY.THE TRUCK FEELS VERY "JAPANESE"

Suggested Improvements

SHEET METAL AND PAINT QUALITY,INTERIOR AND SEAT QUALITY.

Just about a year
By Pete Morano

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Colorado just about a year and it has been EXCELLENT! The truck went back to the dealer for a loose electrical connector to the emissions system and hasnt been back other than oil changes and a tire rotation. This truck is still very impressive. There are no squeaks or rattles, with over 20K on the clock. The I5 performs nicely. It's not a tire burner, but there is plenty of oomph when needed It pulls my horse trailer with no problems and performs predictably with a full load in the bed. Handling is excellent, as it is better than a few cars I have owned. My Orange Sunburst Chevy still turns heads and looks great. I'd still pick it over a 2005 Toyota or Nissan.

Favorite Features

Price and bang for the buck. A comparable Toyota whould have cost $5000 more than the Chevy. The I5 engine is great! Great gas mileage, and just as much power as a V6. The XM Radio is wonderful. I don't listen to FM stations anymore.

Suggested Improvements

Interior parts are a little plasticky. I would have paid a little more better dash materials, Otherwise the colorado is perfect!!

Gas hog
By loser

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck used in 2006. After just a few hundred miles I saw I was in trouble. Running interstate speed, the truck would quiver so bad you were unable to see ot the rearview mirror. It had pleanty of power, but really loved the gas. With gas prices over $4, it had to go.

Favorite Features

Looks

Suggested Improvements

Fuel