2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Roll Over
By Hetfield on 12/30/08 02:06 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Had the truck for 4 years and never had any problems. Got good gas mileage and enough towing power to pull a fishing boat. Wrecked/totaled it this winter in icy weather, rolled once landing on its wheels - with the engine still running. Tough truck that was built well, definitely got my money's worth and am looking to buy another.

Great Truck
By Larry Gillenwater on 07/28/08 20:13 PM (PDT)

I have driven Fords for 30yrs this is my 2nd Chevy. This truck is great. Well pleased. Good on gas, 3.5 motor 21-23 around town, great for 4x4. Chevy built a great truck in this line.

Gas hog
By loser on 07/20/08 17:35 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck used in 2006. After just a few hundred miles I saw I was in trouble. Running interstate speed, the truck would quiver so bad you were unable to see ot the rearview mirror. It had pleanty of power, but really loved the gas. With gas prices over $4, it had to go.

Used 2004 Colorado Crewcab 2WD 2.8L/M5
By meangreen94z on 06/24/08 20:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this used with 49K miles 5 months ago, now has 55k miles. The guy that traded it in thought the truck had electrical issues because blower speeds 1-3 would cut out and the CD player wouldnt eject. I bought the truck with little fear being that Im a technician. Tracked the blower issue down to a loose connection at the connector on the blower resistor. The CD drive was jammed with crumbs/dust, and just needed to be cleaned and lubed. Fixed both at a cost of $0 (probably $500 otherwise) and the truck has been great since. No leaks anywhere and still feels solid. I average 21 in the city, and 25-26 on the highway with the 4 cylinder/M5 combo.

The Lucky One
By Luckygirl on 06/16/08 14:24 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab ZQ8 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I own a 2004 Colorado extented cab ZQ8. I love my truck. The only problem I'm having is the AC works good on 4 but on 1,2,3 don't hold your breath. I have 62,000 miles and I still get around 24 - 27 mpg. This truck has the get up and go. I turn heads and when I'm on the freeway people move out of my way. I'm not sure if it's the yellow that makes them move or if they are letting me by just to get a glance of the beauty

Good little truck
By J B on 04/03/08 10:22 AM (PDT)

I have owned this vehicle for right at a year now. I purchased it used with 43000 miles on it. I know I paid too much for it but I have no one to blame for that but myself. The vehicle has suprising pep and power for a 5 cyl engine. I'm not completely impressed with MPG as I get anywhere from 17-21 depending on the style of driving I'm doing. I bought the small truck in hopes of better. The truck will absolutely tow a lot more than GM rates it for. Just towed an 8000 lb tractor home after a breakdown. It's definitely worth a look. GM needs to get more advertising out on this vehicle instead of letting it die like I'm hearing they are doing.

Excellent little truck
By quiksilvor on 02/20/08 20:29 PM (PST)

This was definitely a step up from the Ford Ranger I had previously owned. It has plenty of accessible room for two passengers, and plenty of storage for a pickup truck.

Go with the 3.5 liter
By fu2612 on 01/30/08 13:27 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z85 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've always wanted a Silverado but when i got to the dealership it made more econmic sense for me to go with something smaller so i took out the Colorado. So far I love this truck, plenty of power, Inline engines are the best can't be touched, and also excellent decision to make something bigger than an s-10. i get great gas mileage out of a full tank i get about 250 miles which is great for me

Waste of my money
By zmillg on 01/10/08 13:26 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I saved my money all through highschool and my dad through in half, I got a Colorado for 22k. A year and a half later, 3 power steering pumps, 2 motors, and one steer column. It's worth half what I bought it and the problems keep coming. I can't complain about the gas mileage and it gets going but the problems aren't worth it. I'm overly displeased with my truck

Electrical Gremlins!
By Rick on 11/13/07 06:56 AM (PST)

I purchased the 04 model in 05. Nice looking truck but here is the issues I have had. ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS!!! Brake lights just stop working intermittently. (Rear ended twice but can't prove the lights were not working at time) I had the driver side door locks replaced twice! Drv side windows "sometimes" don't work. Now psngr side windows don't work. "sometimes" AC fan is noisy. (Very annoying!) Fuel rating is wrong. I only get about 17 mpg if I am lucky and have the wind blowing behind me. It already burned up the cat conv in only 40k miles!

1 2 3 4 5 next »