Used 2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 47 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Roll Over
By Hetfield

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Had the truck for 4 years and never had any problems. Got good gas mileage and enough towing power to pull a fishing boat. Wrecked/totaled it this winter in icy weather, rolled once landing on its wheels - with the engine still running. Tough truck that was built well, definitely got my money's worth and am looking to buy another.

Truck was perfect for someone who didn't need a full size, needed decent mileage, and enough power to pull a boat and drive through mud hunting.

Different child restraint system. The one in the truck worked, but was an odd set up and cumbersome to use. Anyone with kids and a carseat would understand if they tried to use it - not a deal breaker in my book though.

Great Truck
By Larry Gillenwater

I have driven Fords for 30yrs this is my 2nd Chevy. This truck is great. Well pleased. Good on gas, 3.5 motor 21-23 around town, great for 4x4. Chevy built a great truck in this line.

Run great, smooth ride, nice interior.

Keep it like it is, maybe plush up the seats a little.

Gas hog
By loser

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck used in 2006. After just a few hundred miles I saw I was in trouble. Running interstate speed, the truck would quiver so bad you were unable to see ot the rearview mirror. It had pleanty of power, but really loved the gas. With gas prices over $4, it had to go.

Looks

Fuel

Used 2004 Colorado Crewcab 2WD 2.8L/M5
By meangreen94z

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this used with 49K miles 5 months ago, now has 55k miles. The guy that traded it in thought the truck had electrical issues because blower speeds 1-3 would cut out and the CD player wouldnt eject. I bought the truck with little fear being that Im a technician. Tracked the blower issue down to a loose connection at the connector on the blower resistor. The CD drive was jammed with crumbs/dust, and just needed to be cleaned and lubed. Fixed both at a cost of $0 (probably $500 otherwise) and the truck has been great since. No leaks anywhere and still feels solid. I average 21 in the city, and 25-26 on the highway with the 4 cylinder/M5 combo.

Exterior design. Fuel economy. Smooth shifting 5 speed. Crew cab design

Improve interior. 4 cyl power only comes into concern when trying to pass on freeway. But GM is offering the 5.3 V8 in '09. Wish they would offer it with a manual though!

The Lucky One
By Luckygirl

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab ZQ8 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I own a 2004 Colorado extented cab ZQ8. I love my truck. The only problem I'm having is the AC works good on 4 but on 1,2,3 don't hold your breath. I have 62,000 miles and I still get around 24 - 27 mpg. This truck has the get up and go. I turn heads and when I'm on the freeway people move out of my way. I'm not sure if it's the yellow that makes them move or if they are letting me by just to get a glance of the beauty

It's hard to pick just one. I love all the features of my truck.

None