Used 2004 Chevrolet Colorado ZQ8 LS Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Far reach for interior lock
By Kathy

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

My truck is equipped with manual door locks, which is what I wanted. Also I have crank window handles.... The problem with the window handles is they are very stiff to roll up and down. But they still work. The interior door locks work okay also, but it's a stretch to reach across the front seat to unlock it for a passenger. Also, it does not have an outside key lock on the passenger side, which is a real problem in nasty weather. The passenger has to stand there and wait till the driver gets in and reaches across to unlock it. I think it may even be a safety hazard as far as getting in and out in a hurry.

Fun, sporty ZQ8
By fatherof1

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I wasn't a big fan of crew cab Colorado's (small bed), but having a baby forced me into one. However, I feel this is the best truck for me and have been won over! My Colorado has room for my family and just about anything else we need to haul. Right after purchasing we had some problems with the traction control. After 6 trips back to the dealer they finally found a wire that had the insulation rubbed thru which was causing the system to ground. This was very frustrating and worrisome at first but the truck has been fine since. The 220 hp 5 cyl and ZQ8 package gives this truck a very sporty feel and is fun to drive.

ZQ8 package (17" wheels, 5 cyl, bucket seats). XM radio has been great!

Front brake set up pretty much forces you to have brakes done at the dealership. My S10 and Sonoma were easy to do brakes on. The Colorado's set up is a disappointment. Rear disc brakes and aux imput for the radio would be nice. MPG has been ~20 for me. ~25 MPG or better would be ideal.

Colorado Not Good
By James Zapalac

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Too many problems for under 70,000 miles. Cruise control had to be replaced, CD player ate a CD, had to be replaced. Recall on anti- locking brake light, manifold just crack, must be replaced, and AC is about to go out- just a matter of time. American car companies are forcing me to buy foreign. I have never bought a foreign vehicle before, but American made are not reliable.

Need to be more reliable. Stop breaking down. Better gas mileage is always a good idea

What a fool am I
By www.waxitup.com

It has a 5 cylinder engine. The best
mileage to date is 16.1 on pure
interstate driving at 65 miles per
hour. The 19.5 gallon gas tank leaves
me wondering Why? With only a 300 mile
driving range I am constantly having
to visit the Gas Station.The exterior
is very eye catching but here begins
the lack of quality. The hood has
provisions for insulation but it is
missing and not offered. The doors
leak wind noise and sometimes even
water. Hoses, cables and tubes routed
ender the truck are installed with no
attention to detail and bang against
the under side. The inner fender wells
lack fasteners and rattle. The endless
use of bare plastic in the interior
also adds to rattles.

This truck was worked up as a family vehicle not a commercial utility truck.This fails in both respects and in reality what G.M. has produced is a sub-low quality utility truck with all the rattles and squeaks of a rusted out 1968 Chevy truck with half a million miles.It looks good though!

all aspects of this truck fails except its style! Work on quality and workmanship! This is what we want!This is what we paid for!!!

Best_Truck_Around
By JRID

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I love this truck! It isn't perfect,
but I find myself wanting to drive it
constantly which is contrary to my
(normal) desire to conserve gas.
Anyway, it is very quiet, smooth and a
pleasure to drive. My first tank of gas
netted 21 MPG and should go up after the
break-in period. Even though it has
good power, I find myself cruising at
moderate speeds as the temptation to
drive fast is not there. It's just
plain fun to drive in a relaxed manner.
I did kick it up once to see what the
"bean counters/lawyers" limited the top
speed. It "nosed over" at 98 MPH, but
it got there damned quickly!

Engine, satellite radio, looks

The interior could have a more plush look and additional padding, esp. on the door panels. Also I would rather the rear seat cushions folded up rather than the backs folding down. Rear suspension can be a little bouncy and needs firmer shock valving.