Used 2004 Chevrolet Colorado ZQ8 LS Base Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

2004 Chevrolet Colorado
By Larry Newton

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

My wife and I really enjoy our new Colorado as a second vehicle. We selected it because of its very comfortable ride,the ease of entering and exiting the vehicle, and its hauling capacity. It is giving a good 28 MPG on the road and 19 MPG in town. The five cylinder engine has terrific acceleration especially when needed to enter Atlanta's interstates. I recently read Consumer Report on the Colorado, and I think CR totally mis- represented the vehicle. We tried and my son bought a Toyota Tacoma. After test driving the Toyota and driving my son's Toyota, I still like the Colorado for its comfortable ride, acceleration, mileage, and ease of getting in and out.

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride, acceleration, ease of entering and exiting, and hauling capacity for its size.

Suggested Improvements

Exterior trim could be enhanced.

AWESOME TRUCK
By ROCK

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Awesome truck, a real head-turner!

Favorite Features

EVERYTHING

Suggested Improvements

NONE

I was surprised
By AdamJay

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Prior to test driving this truck I was a little leary as to the performance of the truck, even after reading many positive reviews. I took the truck on a 24hr test drive and all I can say is wow. It handles and performs like dream. We purchased the Sport ZQ8 and are very very happy.

Favorite Features

The 3.5L engine has some serious power. The styling is above average. The truck is bigger in every aspect allowing for a much more comfortable interior. The automatic tranmission is tight and shifts quickly.

Suggested Improvements

The 4-speaker CD stereo on regular cabs is weak. The ISV mirror should be standard on the LS. The side mirrors should be body colored.

Great little truck
By Rarch

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I have found the truck to be just what I wanted. It has a smooth comfortable ride with excellent gas milage. It offers the comfort and gas milage of an automobile yet leaves me the option of using it as a truck. I don't have the need for a large truck but wanted something that would allow me the option of hauling a larger load than an auto and yet have something better than an SUV for gas milage. I also wanted a vehicle that rode smooth and handled well. This vehicle fit the bill. Its just a fun vehicle to drive.

Favorite Features

Has the power and quickness of a larger engine but better gas milage.