2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Fun, sporty ZQ8
By fatherof1 on 09/26/09 19:34 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I wasn't a big fan of crew cab Colorado's (small bed), but having a baby forced me into one. However, I feel this is the best truck for me and have been won over! My Colorado has room for my family and just about anything else we need to haul. Right after purchasing we had some problems with the traction control. After 6 trips back to the dealer they finally found a wire that had the insulation rubbed thru which was causing the system to ground. This was very frustrating and worrisome at first but the truck has been fine since. The 220 hp 5 cyl and ZQ8 package gives this truck a very sporty feel and is fun to drive.

Colorado Not Good
By James Zapalac on 05/18/07 08:16 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Too many problems for under 70,000 miles. Cruise control had to be replaced, CD player ate a CD, had to be replaced. Recall on anti- locking brake light, manifold just crack, must be replaced, and AC is about to go out- just a matter of time. American car companies are forcing me to buy foreign. I have never bought a foreign vehicle before, but American made are not reliable.

What a fool am I
By www.waxitup.com on 12/25/04 23:09 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

It has a 5 cylinder engine. The best mileage to date is 16.1 on pure interstate driving at 65 miles per hour. The 19.5 gallon gas tank leaves me wondering Why? With only a 300 mile driving range I am constantly having to visit the Gas Station.The exterior is very eye catching but here begins the lack of quality. The hood has provisions for insulation but it is missing and not offered. The doors leak wind noise and sometimes even water. Hoses, cables and tubes routed ender the truck are installed with no attention to detail and bang against the under side. The inner fender wells lack fasteners and rattle. The endless use of bare plastic in the interior also adds to rattles.

Best_Truck_Around
By JRID on 08/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I love this truck! It isn't perfect, but I find myself wanting to drive it constantly which is contrary to my (normal) desire to conserve gas. Anyway, it is very quiet, smooth and a pleasure to drive. My first tank of gas netted 21 MPG and should go up after the break-in period. Even though it has good power, I find myself cruising at moderate speeds as the temptation to drive fast is not there. It's just plain fun to drive in a relaxed manner. I did kick it up once to see what the "bean counters/lawyers" limited the top speed. It "nosed over" at 98 MPH, but it got there damned quickly!

peppy little truck
By harescrambled on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

If you wanna turn heads quickly this is the truck for you.

ZQ8 fun to drive
By blackZQ8 on 07/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Love this truck. with 1500 miles the only problem I've had is the air conditioning, it was low on freon, but with that taken care of I have no major complaints. It handles great. averaging 21 mpg with the I5