Used 2004 Chevrolet Colorado ZQ8 LS Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Fun, sporty ZQ8
By fatherof1

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I wasn't a big fan of crew cab Colorado's (small bed), but having a baby forced me into one. However, I feel this is the best truck for me and have been won over! My Colorado has room for my family and just about anything else we need to haul. Right after purchasing we had some problems with the traction control. After 6 trips back to the dealer they finally found a wire that had the insulation rubbed thru which was causing the system to ground. This was very frustrating and worrisome at first but the truck has been fine since. The 220 hp 5 cyl and ZQ8 package gives this truck a very sporty feel and is fun to drive.

ZQ8 package (17" wheels, 5 cyl, bucket seats). XM radio has been great!

Front brake set up pretty much forces you to have brakes done at the dealership. My S10 and Sonoma were easy to do brakes on. The Colorado's set up is a disappointment. Rear disc brakes and aux imput for the radio would be nice. MPG has been ~20 for me. ~25 MPG or better would be ideal.

Colorado Not Good
By James Zapalac

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Too many problems for under 70,000 miles. Cruise control had to be replaced, CD player ate a CD, had to be replaced. Recall on anti- locking brake light, manifold just crack, must be replaced, and AC is about to go out- just a matter of time. American car companies are forcing me to buy foreign. I have never bought a foreign vehicle before, but American made are not reliable.

Need to be more reliable. Stop breaking down. Better gas mileage is always a good idea

What a fool am I
By www.waxitup.com

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

It has a 5 cylinder engine. The best mileage to date is 16.1 on pure interstate driving at 65 miles per hour. The 19.5 gallon gas tank leaves me wondering Why? With only a 300 mile driving range I am constantly having to visit the Gas Station.The exterior is very eye catching but here begins the lack of quality. The hood has provisions for insulation but it is missing and not offered. The doors leak wind noise and sometimes even water. Hoses, cables and tubes routed ender the truck are installed with no attention to detail and bang against the under side. The inner fender wells lack fasteners and rattle. The endless use of bare plastic in the interior also adds to rattles.

This truck was worked up as a family vehicle not a commercial utility truck.This fails in both respects and in reality what G.M. has produced is a sub-low quality utility truck with all the rattles and squeaks of a rusted out 1968 Chevy truck with half a million miles.It looks good though!

all aspects of this truck fails except its style! Work on quality and workmanship! This is what we want!This is what we paid for!!!

Best_Truck_Around
By JRID

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I love this truck! It isn't perfect, but I find myself wanting to drive it constantly which is contrary to my (normal) desire to conserve gas. Anyway, it is very quiet, smooth and a pleasure to drive. My first tank of gas netted 21 MPG and should go up after the break-in period. Even though it has good power, I find myself cruising at moderate speeds as the temptation to drive fast is not there. It's just plain fun to drive in a relaxed manner. I did kick it up once to see what the "bean counters/lawyers" limited the top speed. It "nosed over" at 98 MPH, but it got there damned quickly!

Engine, satellite radio, looks

The interior could have a more plush look and additional padding, esp. on the door panels. Also I would rather the rear seat cushions folded up rather than the backs folding down. Rear suspension can be a little bouncy and needs firmer shock valving.

peppy little truck
By harescrambled

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

If you wanna turn heads quickly this is the truck for you.

The peppy 3.5 5 cyl. 17 in. wheels

a little more padding on the door panels and the center console