Used 2004 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 LS Base Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Most Helpful|
'04 Colorado
By awilson

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I love the Colarado. After shopping around quite a bit I decided on it because it was the perfect size for me. It is very reliable and fun to drive. I have only had one minor problem and that was with my stop light switch wearing out. That is probably from all the driving I do!!! I live in the country so I put a lot of miles on my truck and it still drives just like it did when I first got it. I think that the biggest thing that I do not like about it is the interior. I think that Chevrolet could have done a little bit better with that!!! Overall, it is a great truck and I will definitely buy another one when the time comes!!

My first new truck
By Joe

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I have put about 10000 on this truck already and and have had only one major issue. The inner treads on my front tires are wearing very fast. I brought it back to the dealership who agreed that the truck was out of alignment and proceeded to align the truck. The problem did not stop.My tires are continuing to wear ABNORMALLY fast on the inner treads in the front of the vehicle.The dealer stated that because the truck was within "factory specs" for alignment that my problem was "normal wear and tear". Ive had a second and third opinion on this issue and have concluded that the local Chevy dealer is wrong. So I am now in the process of dealing with Chevy corporate about the problem.

Favorite Features

Looks Awesome. Love having four doors. Decent on gas (4 cyl). Drives good. Perfect size.

Suggested Improvements

Chevy... Stand by your vehicles! Your customers are fewer and more precious everyday. The competition is better and better every year. So when I bring my truck back because my treads are cupping like mad, Fix it, or maybe Chevy will go the way of the Edsel.

Great Truck
By Curtis

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

My 2004 Colorado has almost 111,000 miles on it and with normal maintenance it has been a great truck. I get between 22 and 26 mppg. Engine is strong and never has used any oil. I am a tall guy and it has plenty of room.

Favorite Features

The engine and style

Suggested Improvements

Put antenna in a different place. Use a stronger fan, the lowest setting is way too low,

A bad Truck To Buy
By McMahan

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This Truck has been in the Shop 3 time is the past 2 months to have the transmission worked on, still not fixed. Forget about getting help from GM reps to talk with about safety issue. They will just tell you that your safety is not their concern, but to try and fix the vehicle. I would be very careful if I were thing about buying this vehicle. For the price and better quality I would look at a different Truck.

Favorite Features

I go to arbutation in a few weeks and hopefully the BBB will make GM buy this vehicle back. I will never buy a GM vehicle again.

Suggested Improvements

Better build quality. Think of your customers first, not how to line your pockets with more money for a subpar vehilce.

2004 Colorado Z71 Fun
By Wieland

2004 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

A fun small truck, with plenty of get up and go with the 5 cyl engine. Tows a 2000 lb boat with ease! The drivers seat feels a little off center, especially with a little back support cranked in. Everything easily within drivers reach. A real nice thing to have would be radio controls on the steering wheel! Pushing 20 MPG on the highway at 60MPH, dropping steadily as speed increases. The dash panel cover just looks cheap.