2004 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Great Truck
By Curtis on 03/12/06 07:32 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

My 2004 Colorado has almost 111,000 miles on it and with normal maintenance it has been a great truck. I get between 22 and 26 mppg. Engine is strong and never has used any oil. I am a tall guy and it has plenty of room.

'04 Colorado
By awilson on 12/01/05 19:53 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I love the Colarado. After shopping around quite a bit I decided on it because it was the perfect size for me. It is very reliable and fun to drive. I have only had one minor problem and that was with my stop light switch wearing out. That is probably from all the driving I do!!! I live in the country so I put a lot of miles on my truck and it still drives just like it did when I first got it. I think that the biggest thing that I do not like about it is the interior. I think that Chevrolet could have done a little bit better with that!!! Overall, it is a great truck and I will definitely buy another one when the time comes!!

My first new truck
By Joe on 09/21/05 23:31 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I have put about 10000 on this truck already and and have had only one major issue. The inner treads on my front tires are wearing very fast. I brought it back to the dealership who agreed that the truck was out of alignment and proceeded to align the truck. The problem did not stop.My tires are continuing to wear ABNORMALLY fast on the inner treads in the front of the vehicle.The dealer stated that because the truck was within "factory specs" for alignment that my problem was "normal wear and tear". Ive had a second and third opinion on this issue and have concluded that the local Chevy dealer is wrong. So I am now in the process of dealing with Chevy corporate about the problem.

2004 Colorado Z71 Fun
By Wieland on 12/18/04 08:32 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

A fun small truck, with plenty of get up and go with the 5 cyl engine. Tows a 2000 lb boat with ease! The drivers seat feels a little off center, especially with a little back support cranked in. Everything easily within drivers reach. A real nice thing to have would be radio controls on the steering wheel! Pushing 20 MPG on the highway at 60MPH, dropping steadily as speed increases. The dash panel cover just looks cheap.

A bad Truck To Buy
By McMahan on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This Truck has been in the Shop 3 time is the past 2 months to have the transmission worked on, still not fixed. Forget about getting help from GM reps to talk with about safety issue. They will just tell you that your safety is not their concern, but to try and fix the vehicle. I would be very careful if I were thing about buying this vehicle. For the price and better quality I would look at a different Truck.

RANGER KILLER
By RRB on 05/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

DAKOTA`S,FRONTIER`S AND TACOMA`S TOO. THOSE GUY`S HAVE A LOT OF WORK TO DO.

Great Truck
By Mike Patterson on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This truck is a great truck,it is very responsvie. As a mechanic of 30 years this is a very fun truck to drive and is very comfortable. Well biult and good looking truck

Fun little truck
By Chevy buyer on 04/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I first looked at the truck in the new truck line catalog. I liked what I saw as my daughter wanted her own window and door to open. It is the perfect little truck for small home improvment jobs as well as anything else.

Driving one now, so-so
By docgoku on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

It feels like a base rental car on the interior, with very hard plastics that tap instead of thud when you give them a thump. The drving position is impossible to get right. I'm 6'0" and if I have my upper body comfortable at the wheel then my legs are all bunched up, and if my legs are at a good stretch my arms can't reach the wheel. It's very loud, but I expected that from a truck. The auto tranny is prone to downshift even on the most mild interstate inclines. However the suspension is very good the best I've been in for a truck.

best truck for 2004
By rockets on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I like the power and handling. Body styling is great. Wish more space is provided for my subwoofer box.