2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Review: Cobalt XFE Coupe - Manual

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Review

Cobalt XFE Coupe - Manual
By TalYvan on

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 120 mi daily driving, most of it is on express ways, so here it goes. The goods: Transmission, Engine, MPG. This car gets the MPG that your right foot dictates, you drive hard, you get less, drive at the limit, and is outstanding. The tranny/engine are pretty decent but Manual is the way to go, I'd be afraid of it in automatic. The bad: OEM Tires!, I guess that GM tried to get better MPG using these tires that are super soft on the walls and don't have any grip, they're terrible. Breaks, they felt really soft in the beginning, 5500K mi. later they get decent. Rear view. Do No Get The Spoiler! period. Seat comfort. I had an Aveo SVM before that was way more comfortable.

Favorite Features

MPG, Radio is pretty decent (although the USB input does not work with Zune), Price (too many incentives around, play it well and you can get the car for less than 10K - I got it for $8K);

Suggested Improvements

Handling, Breaks, OEM Tires, Rear Mirror View, Side Mirrors, Seat comfort. Doors are way too heavy. Telescopic wheel adjustment could help the seat comfort shortage.