Used 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Fun ride
By shaun

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car back in may and i have never owned a small car but i just love this ride. It's fun to drive and mine has all the options on it and it's a beautiful silver color.

Favorite Features

radio, the ride , tires and wheels

Nice for what it is, economical
By regfootball

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Better engine power than many compacts, very willing to rev. Quiet ride, especially for a compact.Have ebony interior and its actually not bad. Like the gauges and the radio controls. Have MyLink, the USB for music and bluetooth for phone work fantastic. Ergonomics are a bit off, and space is tight especially for leg room in the back, but seats are comfortable enough in the front. A/C works well. Big problems with cup holder locations and lack of storage in general. Tall beverages in cup holders block climate controls. Have to raise armrest to lift handbrake-stupid. Trunk is decent size. Steering's a bit dead -lacks feel but steering wheel with audio controls works great. Looks good in red.

Favorite Features

MPG..combined avg about 30. Should go up on future long trip. USB and bluetooth. Willing engine. Quiet and comfortable for its small size. Inexpensive to buy. Easy to park. Alum wheels are nice. Gauges are big and easy to read. OnStar is a nice bonus. Only 2700 rpm at 70 mph! 5 sp manual is ok.

Suggested Improvements

Extra power and better mpg (lol). Cruze will fix most issues, larger and more comfortable interior, better ergonomics, cupholders, and controls. 6 speed auto or manual with extra gear would be nice. Lots of room to improve steering, handling, roll stiffness, and overall powertrain and suspension.

Like the Cobalt a LOT
By Lori Lou

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Have had the Cobalt almost a week now - averaging over 30 mpg already in my commute (17 miles each way). It has a lot of nice features for an "entry level" car. Got the chrome package, love the Bluetooth and OnStar. Adults can sit in back seat - even with my seat back for driving! Manual seat has lumbar adjustment and pumps up and down for height adjustment - NICE!

Favorite Features

Really like the Bluetooth and OnStar, mileage will be great - averaging over 30 mpg already! Love the "info" center with tire pressure, oil life, average speed, instant mpg, average mpg, miles til tank empty - it's a fun car to drive, and doesn't get RPM up to climb hills like some others I drove!

Suggested Improvements

Radio sounds "tinny" - but, it's OK - cup holder isn't great, either!

Can be better
By Shirley

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a lt sedan winter Olympic team Canada edition 2 months ago. Love all the options it comes with. The exterior has chrome package and spoiler which makes it look nice. I expected better gas mileage but it doesn't seem to differ from my old 1999 z24. Power wise, I find my cobalt lacking it when I accelerate. Perhaps it's because I was used to z24. However, I do love the quieter and smoother ride. I did notice some defects in the interior and exterior. The craftsmanship could be better. With the money I spent on it, I expect to see no flaws.

Favorite Features

OnStar XM radio Sunroof 7-speaker Pioneer stereo control buttons on the steering wheel

Suggested Improvements

Better quality interior & exterior assembly; more stylish interior

A very nice car
By S&N

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is just a tight & quiet as any larger passenger vehicle I could find. The fuel economy is excellent on the highway with the 4 speed automatic. The stereo is very good & has the bluetooth option. The value for the money is terrific. I would recommend this car to anyone in the market for a smaller fuel efficient car.

Favorite Features

Ride & handling

Suggested Improvements

better option packages would be nice