Used 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Problem under 300 miles
By XCOPPER

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan XFE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car Brand new off the lot. 275 miles later the stereo volume control wouldn't work. buttons wouldn't work. They replaced with a new one, Parts guy stated there were several ordered because of this problem. Gas Mileage isn't as great as they tell you. Might be because its still breaking in, not sure. City I am getting around 19-21 MPG. I test drove the same model before I got this one ( it had 500 miles on it ) the A/C was not working.

Favorite Features

I'm 6 Ft tall and driving around town is just fine, comfort is ok. The 4000 instant rebate is what probably Sold me this car.

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage should be better, I cant believe I will get what they say.

I don't understand
By overrevv

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

When I read the reviews, most talk about the small interior. If you are under 6'2", there is nothing wrong with the front seating. And contrary to the reviews, the front seats are VERY comfortable. This car is not designed for adults in the back seat. It is an ENTRY level vehicle. That means a young couple starting a family will have plenty of room in the back for precious cargo. Personally, I like the exterior styling. I have a sedan with a rear spoiler and it looks great. Overall, I am very impressed with the overall quality and performance in all areas.

Favorite Features

Stereo system, seats, fuel mileage, styling of the exterior.

Suggested Improvements

Move dash controls higher. The shift knob gets in the way sometimes.

New Owner review
By AmyF

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Have only had for 2 days, so this is a preliminary review. Handles well and drives smoothly. Very interested to see what my avg mpg will end up as since I drive so many highway miles. I traded in a minivan that got 24.5mpg avg.

Favorite Features

AUX input so I can play the music from my phone through the car stereo, the dark blue color, the spoiler

Suggested Improvements

Interior design, seat cushioning. Basically, if they would take some of the 08 Saturn Aura interior design and work off of that. That car is amazing. Only reason I didn't get that one is that it wouldn't work with my trade in since I had a a little negative equity.

A/C problems on rental
By scmhogg

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan XFE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I recently rented a cobalt for a drive through the California desert. The A/C seemed to work efficiently, until we reached a particularly hot stretch at 75 MPH, then the A/C shut itself off for 10 minutes. It continued on this on off cycle until we left the hot part of the desert. When it shut off, there was a ping from the computer and the recirculate light started blinking. Stay away from deserts in your Cobalt.

Meh comparable Honda was better
By bwright1970

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a car that's fine to get around but down the road will not retain its value. Could they make the windshield washer reservoir any smaller? It's like a funnel, doesn't hold much fluid for winter driving. My drinks are doing back flips with those lousy non functional cup holders. Already a recall on power steering

Favorite Features

OnStar, sporty little car

Suggested Improvements

Build a comparable car that holds up as well as a Honda American cars seem like they are cheaply built just slapped together, mass produced