2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Nice for what it is, economical
By regfootball on 06/28/10 22:58 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Better engine power than many compacts, very willing to rev. Quiet ride, especially for a compact.Have ebony interior and its actually not bad. Like the gauges and the radio controls. Have MyLink, the USB for music and bluetooth for phone work fantastic. Ergonomics are a bit off, and space is tight especially for leg room in the back, but seats are comfortable enough in the front. A/C works well. Big problems with cup holder locations and lack of storage in general. Tall beverages in cup holders block climate controls. Have to raise armrest to lift handbrake-stupid. Trunk is decent size. Steering's a bit dead -lacks feel but steering wheel with audio controls works great. Looks good in red.

Like the Cobalt a LOT
By Lori Lou on 06/24/10 16:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Have had the Cobalt almost a week now - averaging over 30 mpg already in my commute (17 miles each way). It has a lot of nice features for an "entry level" car. Got the chrome package, love the Bluetooth and OnStar. Adults can sit in back seat - even with my seat back for driving! Manual seat has lumbar adjustment and pumps up and down for height adjustment - NICE!

Can be better
By Shirley on 06/24/10 10:25 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a lt sedan winter Olympic team Canada edition 2 months ago. Love all the options it comes with. The exterior has chrome package and spoiler which makes it look nice. I expected better gas mileage but it doesn't seem to differ from my old 1999 z24. Power wise, I find my cobalt lacking it when I accelerate. Perhaps it's because I was used to z24. However, I do love the quieter and smoother ride. I did notice some defects in the interior and exterior. The craftsmanship could be better. With the money I spent on it, I expect to see no flaws.

Awesome car
By Renea on 06/08/10 08:04 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Cobalt! Handles great, dependable, looks fantastic, plenty of room in back seat and front lays way back. Perfect car

Very good car, and Fun to drive
By Duke on 05/16/10 03:01 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Good performance, enjoyable, and Fun to drive. I can get 29-30 mile per gallon.

Love it
By D on 04/01/10 14:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Cobalt 3 months ago and love it so far. I'm averaging an incredible 32.5 mpg on my 92 mile/day commute. Not the most comfortable inside but I'm 6'3 and 220 lbs so any car would be uncomfortable. Better mpg and horsepower than Corolla/Civic etc so if you take it for what it is there's no better car in it's class. Highly recommended for a commuter

Cobalt
By RickD on 03/27/10 15:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Best quality of this car is it's QUIET. Nice riding car with lots of power.

FANTASTIC CAR
By KenN on 03/17/10 05:28 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Cobalt and love it, I keep reading its uncomfortable but I think its very comfortable front and back seat. It is very peppy on road and fun to drive, if you read the manual on Auto. transmission and use the half pedal deflection on passing it flys. Interior is mostly plastic but that makes it very easy to keep clean, seats are comfy with plenty of adjustments height, back, head lets face it its a economy car but I love it. Doesn't feel like a small car and looks sharp.

Engine Start up Noise
By Moogy on 02/20/10 23:27 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan XFE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We have an 09 XFE with the 2.2 Ecotec. The engine rattles loudly at start up for about three seconds then quiets down nicely. This car only has about 2400 miles on it. Anyone else having this type of problem? I'm a little shy of this engine because of the noise.

Piece of Junk
By Dissatisfied in AZ on 02/17/10 17:39 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a piece of junk! Chevy knows absolutely nothing about design and style. It is way over priced. This is like a 10k econo car and they have nerve to sell for way over that. If you live in AZ, this car is definitely junk. It was 75 degrees out today and had to use the AC and it totally dogged out not to mention the ac is cool at best. It will never make it thru the summer. hopefully it will be a lemon so i can get something else that I'm not embarrassed to be seen in and is comfortable and affordable. This car should not be allowed on the market. Oh yeah, lets not forget the totally cheesy interior. I think the 1972 Ford Pinto did better than this one! Or the AMC Gremlin.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan in VA is:

$148 per month*