2010 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Meh comparable Honda was better
By bwright1970 on 07/04/10 19:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a car that's fine to get around but down the road will not retain its value. Could they make the windshield washer reservoir any smaller? It's like a funnel, doesn't hold much fluid for winter driving. My drinks are doing back flips with those lousy non functional cup holders. Already a recall on power steering

Fun ride
By shaun on 07/02/10 20:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car back in may and i have never owned a small car but i just love this ride. It's fun to drive and mine has all the options on it and it's a beautiful silver color.

Nice for what it is, economical
By regfootball on 06/28/10 22:58 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Better engine power than many compacts, very willing to rev. Quiet ride, especially for a compact.Have ebony interior and its actually not bad. Like the gauges and the radio controls. Have MyLink, the USB for music and bluetooth for phone work fantastic. Ergonomics are a bit off, and space is tight especially for leg room in the back, but seats are comfortable enough in the front. A/C works well. Big problems with cup holder locations and lack of storage in general. Tall beverages in cup holders block climate controls. Have to raise armrest to lift handbrake-stupid. Trunk is decent size. Steering's a bit dead -lacks feel but steering wheel with audio controls works great. Looks good in red.

Like the Cobalt a LOT
By Lori Lou on 06/24/10 16:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Have had the Cobalt almost a week now - averaging over 30 mpg already in my commute (17 miles each way). It has a lot of nice features for an "entry level" car. Got the chrome package, love the Bluetooth and OnStar. Adults can sit in back seat - even with my seat back for driving! Manual seat has lumbar adjustment and pumps up and down for height adjustment - NICE!

Can be better
By Shirley on 06/24/10 10:25 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a lt sedan winter Olympic team Canada edition 2 months ago. Love all the options it comes with. The exterior has chrome package and spoiler which makes it look nice. I expected better gas mileage but it doesn't seem to differ from my old 1999 z24. Power wise, I find my cobalt lacking it when I accelerate. Perhaps it's because I was used to z24. However, I do love the quieter and smoother ride. I did notice some defects in the interior and exterior. The craftsmanship could be better. With the money I spent on it, I expect to see no flaws.

A very nice car
By S&N on 06/19/10 02:50 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is just a tight & quiet as any larger passenger vehicle I could find. The fuel economy is excellent on the highway with the 4 speed automatic. The stereo is very good & has the bluetooth option. The value for the money is terrific. I would recommend this car to anyone in the market for a smaller fuel efficient car.

Awesome car
By Renea on 06/08/10 08:04 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Cobalt! Handles great, dependable, looks fantastic, plenty of room in back seat and front lays way back. Perfect car

Very good car, and Fun to drive
By Duke on 05/16/10 03:01 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Good performance, enjoyable, and Fun to drive. I can get 29-30 mile per gallon.

Great Deal
By Lee on 05/16/10 01:06 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got this XFE with the LT interior. The seats are very comfortable. My gas mileage is double that of my minivan. The transition was a little stiff new, but 2000 miles later is OK. Great deal for the money.

Cobalt XFE Coupe - Manual
By TalYvan on 04/30/10 13:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 120 mi daily driving, most of it is on express ways, so here it goes. The goods: Transmission, Engine, MPG. This car gets the MPG that your right foot dictates, you drive hard, you get less, drive at the limit, and is outstanding. The tranny/engine are pretty decent but Manual is the way to go, I'd be afraid of it in automatic. The bad: OEM Tires!, I guess that GM tried to get better MPG using these tires that are super soft on the walls and don't have any grip, they're terrible. Breaks, they felt really soft in the beginning, 5500K mi. later they get decent. Rear view. Do No Get The Spoiler! period. Seat comfort. I had an Aveo SVM before that was way more comfortable.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt in VA is:

$148 per month*