2010 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
All the Options - Lower $
By Kimers on 07/25/10 16:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Lease was up on my '06 4 dr Mazda 3 (loaded) - Had to get my payments down. Saving $50 a month by purchasing the Cobalt. Went with the 2010 2 dr Cobalt LT, black, Olympic Team option, chrome accents, Loaded.My driving habits are mostly city driving.Used to having a 4 dr so 2 dr is going to take a little getting used to. The only option the Cobalt is missing that the Mazda had is auto wipers-Chev sales person said auto wipers only come in Cadillacs. 2010 is going to be the last year GM is making the Cobalt. So if you are ok driving around a car which is going to be outdated right away, even though there are a lot of them on the road, that is why there are such good deals to be found.

New Owner review
By AmyF on 07/12/10 03:11 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Have only had for 2 days, so this is a preliminary review. Handles well and drives smoothly. Very interested to see what my avg mpg will end up as since I drive so many highway miles. I traded in a minivan that got 24.5mpg avg.

By scmhogg on 07/11/10 17:52 PM (PDT)

I recently rented a cobalt for a drive through the California desert. The A/C seemed to work efficiently, until we reached a particularly hot stretch at 75 MPH, then the A/C shut itself off for 10 minutes. It continued on this on off cycle until we left the hot part of the desert. When it shut off, there was a ping from the computer and the recirculate light started blinking. Stay away from deserts in your Cobalt.

Meh comparable Honda was better
By bwright1970 on 07/04/10 19:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a car that's fine to get around but down the road will not retain its value. Could they make the windshield washer reservoir any smaller? It's like a funnel, doesn't hold much fluid for winter driving. My drinks are doing back flips with those lousy non functional cup holders. Already a recall on power steering

Fun ride
By shaun on 07/02/10 20:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car back in may and i have never owned a small car but i just love this ride. It's fun to drive and mine has all the options on it and it's a beautiful silver color.

Nice for what it is, economical
By regfootball on 06/28/10 22:58 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Better engine power than many compacts, very willing to rev. Quiet ride, especially for a compact.Have ebony interior and its actually not bad. Like the gauges and the radio controls. Have MyLink, the USB for music and bluetooth for phone work fantastic. Ergonomics are a bit off, and space is tight especially for leg room in the back, but seats are comfortable enough in the front. A/C works well. Big problems with cup holder locations and lack of storage in general. Tall beverages in cup holders block climate controls. Have to raise armrest to lift handbrake-stupid. Trunk is decent size. Steering's a bit dead -lacks feel but steering wheel with audio controls works great. Looks good in red.

Like the Cobalt a LOT
By Lori Lou on 06/24/10 16:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Have had the Cobalt almost a week now - averaging over 30 mpg already in my commute (17 miles each way). It has a lot of nice features for an "entry level" car. Got the chrome package, love the Bluetooth and OnStar. Adults can sit in back seat - even with my seat back for driving! Manual seat has lumbar adjustment and pumps up and down for height adjustment - NICE!

Can be better
By Shirley on 06/24/10 10:25 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a lt sedan winter Olympic team Canada edition 2 months ago. Love all the options it comes with. The exterior has chrome package and spoiler which makes it look nice. I expected better gas mileage but it doesn't seem to differ from my old 1999 z24. Power wise, I find my cobalt lacking it when I accelerate. Perhaps it's because I was used to z24. However, I do love the quieter and smoother ride. I did notice some defects in the interior and exterior. The craftsmanship could be better. With the money I spent on it, I expect to see no flaws.

A very nice car
By S&N on 06/19/10 02:50 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is just a tight & quiet as any larger passenger vehicle I could find. The fuel economy is excellent on the highway with the 4 speed automatic. The stereo is very good & has the bluetooth option. The value for the money is terrific. I would recommend this car to anyone in the market for a smaller fuel efficient car.

Awesome car
By Renea on 06/08/10 08:04 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Cobalt! Handles great, dependable, looks fantastic, plenty of room in back seat and front lays way back. Perfect car

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt in VA is:

$148 per month*