Used 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

2 Door Coupe quick and sporty.
By chevyguy

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased a 2007 Malibu for my mother and it has been a good car for her, so I purchased the 2010 Cobalt for myself. I haven't driven Chevy products for many years, but have been impressed by my 2 door LT Cobalt. It is a fun little car to drive, handles well, and has plenty of get up and go. Fit and finish are much better the past Chevy's. Many features included that you would expect to be on a much more expensive car. Shifts smooth given the fact that it is a 4 speed auto. Handles and rides well, hope it continues to perform well with many miles put on.

Favorite Features

Multiple information display with temperature, instant fuel economy, miles to empty, etc. XM/Sirrus stereo with aux. connection. Handles well and ride quality is good, low engine noise. Fuel economy is great averaging over 29 mpg with automatic. Good warranty.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders to small, and too close to climate system. ABS should be standard on all models and well as traction control.

Love this vehicle
By newowner

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

So far, owning this vehicle has not only saved me money on gas, but has allowed me to take my family more places. Even though some may say that the interior is small, I feel that the space is great for the vehicle. The performance for the 2.2 L engine is great, I know no power but you don't buy a car like this for performance. I from Indiana to Ohio which is about 500 miles round trip and it is a really comfortable drive. All in all I would definitely recommend the Cobalt to anyone that is looking for a reliable vehicle and likes to travel alot without being hurt by gas prices. I put $20 in gas and by the time I filled up to come home I only put $12 to top off. Awesome car!

Favorite Features

Gas Mileage is the greatest feature Reliable car Great safety features Smooth ride Interior is great Good trunk space for small car Love the 7 speaker system

Suggested Improvements

This car needs no improvement. I have the LT with cruise and 7 speaker system and just love it. What more can one ask for.

Problem under 300 miles
By XCOPPER

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car Brand new off the lot. 275 miles later the stereo volume control wouldn't work. buttons wouldn't work. They replaced with a new one, Parts guy stated there were several ordered because of this problem. Gas Mileage isn't as great as they tell you. Might be because its still breaking in, not sure. City I am getting around 19-21 MPG. I test drove the same model before I got this one ( it had 500 miles on it ) the A/C was not working.

Favorite Features

I'm 6 Ft tall and driving around town is just fine, comfort is ok. The 4000 instant rebate is what probably Sold me this car.

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage should be better, I cant believe I will get what they say.

I don't understand
By overrevv

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

When I read the reviews, most talk about the small interior. If you are under 6'2", there is nothing wrong with the front seating. And contrary to the reviews, the front seats are VERY comfortable. This car is not designed for adults in the back seat. It is an ENTRY level vehicle. That means a young couple starting a family will have plenty of room in the back for precious cargo. Personally, I like the exterior styling. I have a sedan with a rear spoiler and it looks great. Overall, I am very impressed with the overall quality and performance in all areas.

Favorite Features

Stereo system, seats, fuel mileage, styling of the exterior.

Suggested Improvements

Move dash controls higher. The shift knob gets in the way sometimes.

Cobalt LT Coupe
By Gregory Butta

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I'm 18 years old and needed a reliable car to go back and forth to college. I looked at the usual, the civic, corolla, or the focus. I liked the Cobalt better then all of them and the build quality on my 2010 is just as nice as the foreign cars. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Favorite Features

Mp3 Jack, the power

Suggested Improvements

The LT should come with rims