2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
GM and dealership still needs work.
By harleyrider4 on 06/04/13 06:55 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan XFE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2010 cobalt from a Chevrolet dealer. Right from the begining I had problems. First I found a few things wrong covered under warranty. The problem is they ordered the wrong weatherstrip 4 times and the dealership is 45 minutes away. The same dealer also had printed its own window sticker that stated the car has traction control and ABS which I found out last winter it doesn't. Now the best part on May 13 2013 The Ignition Key is Stuck in the Run position. Took it to a different dealer since I could Not Shut Car Off. 220.00 dollars for a new Ign. lock cylinder. GM knows this is a common problem! I made a complant with GM. After jerking me around for three weeks they denied my claim

Problem under 300 miles
By XCOPPER on 08/16/10 20:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan XFE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car Brand new off the lot. 275 miles later the stereo volume control wouldn't work. buttons wouldn't work. They replaced with a new one, Parts guy stated there were several ordered because of this problem. Gas Mileage isn't as great as they tell you. Might be because its still breaking in, not sure. City I am getting around 19-21 MPG. I test drove the same model before I got this one ( it had 500 miles on it ) the A/C was not working.

A/C problems on rental
By scmhogg on 07/11/10 17:52 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan XFE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I recently rented a cobalt for a drive through the California desert. The A/C seemed to work efficiently, until we reached a particularly hot stretch at 75 MPH, then the A/C shut itself off for 10 minutes. It continued on this on off cycle until we left the hot part of the desert. When it shut off, there was a ping from the computer and the recirculate light started blinking. Stay away from deserts in your Cobalt.

Engine Start up Noise
By Moogy on 02/20/10 23:27 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan XFE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We have an 09 XFE with the 2.2 Ecotec. The engine rattles loudly at start up for about three seconds then quiets down nicely. This car only has about 2400 miles on it. Anyone else having this type of problem? I'm a little shy of this engine because of the noise.

nice car
By Ken on 02/06/10 15:43 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan XFE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been a very good car so far. It has 19000 miles on it and it is a 2008. Some of the editors review i totally agree with. The interior is a little on the cheap side but the seats are incredibly comfortable in the front even on long trips. I have the xfe and the gas mileage is superb. The braking mentioned by the editor has not been an issue but i don't drive on a race trac. The tires have done extremely well in the snow this winter. Over all really good car. Extremely comfortable and smooth on highway trips

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan in VA is:

$148 per month*