Used 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT Sedan Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Fine for basic transportation... I guess.
By Paul M

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2010 LT2 back in Nov 2009. Tons of problems within the first couple of years and the dealership I purchased it from refused to honor the warranty. Here's a few issues I encountered during my ownership:
1. The A/C didn't work the first time I tried it. Had to take to a second dealership for them to fix it.
2. Dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree about a year later. Engine almost kept stalling while waiting at lights. Turned out to be some loose wiring.
3. Screw popped out of the steering column which helped to shut the turn signal off when straightening the wheel.
4. Power steering recall.
5. Ignition switch recall.
6. Poor handling.
7. Bad visibility.
8. Virtually no room in the back seats for adults.
9. Rock hard seats with little support.
10. Cheap plastic everywhere.
11. Poor build quality.
12. Car makes a weird creaking sound after a couple of minutes of being parked.

The list goes on. This car is not one to buy if you can avoid it.

2010 Chevy Cobalt
By dennie75

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a good car. Besides having to fix a few things. The check engine light came on first and there was a leak in the fuel hose connected to the tank. The fuel tank was replaced. Then started to notice a noise/clicking every time I turned the fan on and had to replace the motor for the fan in the front because a blade was broken on the motor. Next had to pay to replace the front right strut because it was leaking. Most recently water was leaking into car change drawer near drivers side and also dripping down to floor. The seals needed to be done again and hopefully I will not have anymore problems anytime soon. Good luck to other cobalt owners and hope the cars run with less issues.

One to many problem in under two years and fusterated.
By leah5324

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had numerous problems with my 2010 chevy cobalt. Currently the key is stuck in the ignition and will not turn back so the car will not shut off and I am at the dealership now to get it fixed. Before that We have had multiple problems with the computer and it has been replaced once and suggested to be replaced again. The car was hitching and would not go over 10 mile per hour. This has happened three times and they replaced some computer part the first time and reset the computer the 2-3 time. Now the car still hitches ever so often especially is the air conditioning is on and the check engine light comes on a lot for no reason I have had it checked a couple of times and it was nothing

I think that it is comfortable and it drives nice when its working properly. I also like the way it looks.

Love this vehicle
By newowner

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

So far, owning this vehicle has not only saved me money on gas, but has allowed me to take my family more places. Even though some may say that the interior is small, I feel that the space is great for the vehicle. The performance for the 2.2 L engine is great, I know no power but you don't buy a car like this for performance. I from Indiana to Ohio which is about 500 miles round trip and it is a really comfortable drive. All in all I would definitely recommend the Cobalt to anyone that is looking for a reliable vehicle and likes to travel alot without being hurt by gas prices. I put $20 in gas and by the time I filled up to come home I only put $12 to top off. Awesome car!

Gas Mileage is the greatest feature Reliable car Great safety features Smooth ride Interior is great Good trunk space for small car Love the 7 speaker system

This car needs no improvement. I have the LT with cruise and 7 speaker system and just love it. What more can one ask for.

I don't understand
By overrevv

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

When I read the reviews, most talk about the small interior. If you are under 6'2", there is nothing wrong with the front seating. And contrary to the reviews, the front seats are VERY comfortable. This car is not designed for adults in the back seat. It is an ENTRY level vehicle. That means a young couple starting a family will have plenty of room in the back for precious cargo. Personally, I like the exterior styling. I have a sedan with a rear spoiler and it looks great. Overall, I am very impressed with the overall quality and performance in all areas.

Stereo system, seats, fuel mileage, styling of the exterior.

Move dash controls higher. The shift knob gets in the way sometimes.