2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
2010 Chevy Cobalt
By dennie75 on 12/17/12 19:00 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a good car. Besides having to fix a few things. The check engine light came on first and there was a leak in the fuel hose connected to the tank. The fuel tank was replaced. Then started to notice a noise/clicking every time I turned the fan on and had to replace the motor for the fan in the front because a blade was broken on the motor. Next had to pay to replace the front right strut because it was leaking. Most recently water was leaking into car change drawer near drivers side and also dripping down to floor. The seals needed to be done again and hopefully I will not have anymore problems anytime soon. Good luck to other cobalt owners and hope the cars run with less issues.

One to many problem in under two years and fusterated.
By leah5324 on 04/04/12 11:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had numerous problems with my 2010 chevy cobalt. Currently the key is stuck in the ignition and will not turn back so the car will not shut off and I am at the dealership now to get it fixed. Before that We have had multiple problems with the computer and it has been replaced once and suggested to be replaced again. The car was hitching and would not go over 10 mile per hour. This has happened three times and they replaced some computer part the first time and reset the computer the 2-3 time. Now the car still hitches ever so often especially is the air conditioning is on and the check engine light comes on a lot for no reason I have had it checked a couple of times and it was nothing

Love this vehicle
By newowner on 08/25/10 07:47 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

So far, owning this vehicle has not only saved me money on gas, but has allowed me to take my family more places. Even though some may say that the interior is small, I feel that the space is great for the vehicle. The performance for the 2.2 L engine is great, I know no power but you don't buy a car like this for performance. I from Indiana to Ohio which is about 500 miles round trip and it is a really comfortable drive. All in all I would definitely recommend the Cobalt to anyone that is looking for a reliable vehicle and likes to travel alot without being hurt by gas prices. I put $20 in gas and by the time I filled up to come home I only put $12 to top off. Awesome car!

I don't understand
By overrevv on 08/07/10 17:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

When I read the reviews, most talk about the small interior. If you are under 6'2", there is nothing wrong with the front seating. And contrary to the reviews, the front seats are VERY comfortable. This car is not designed for adults in the back seat. It is an ENTRY level vehicle. That means a young couple starting a family will have plenty of room in the back for precious cargo. Personally, I like the exterior styling. I have a sedan with a rear spoiler and it looks great. Overall, I am very impressed with the overall quality and performance in all areas.

New Owner review
By AmyF on 07/12/10 03:11 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Have only had for 2 days, so this is a preliminary review. Handles well and drives smoothly. Very interested to see what my avg mpg will end up as since I drive so many highway miles. I traded in a minivan that got 24.5mpg avg.

Fun ride
By shaun on 07/02/10 20:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car back in may and i have never owned a small car but i just love this ride. It's fun to drive and mine has all the options on it and it's a beautiful silver color.

Nice for what it is, economical
By regfootball on 06/28/10 22:58 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Better engine power than many compacts, very willing to rev. Quiet ride, especially for a compact.Have ebony interior and its actually not bad. Like the gauges and the radio controls. Have MyLink, the USB for music and bluetooth for phone work fantastic. Ergonomics are a bit off, and space is tight especially for leg room in the back, but seats are comfortable enough in the front. A/C works well. Big problems with cup holder locations and lack of storage in general. Tall beverages in cup holders block climate controls. Have to raise armrest to lift handbrake-stupid. Trunk is decent size. Steering's a bit dead -lacks feel but steering wheel with audio controls works great. Looks good in red.

Like the Cobalt a LOT
By Lori Lou on 06/24/10 16:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Have had the Cobalt almost a week now - averaging over 30 mpg already in my commute (17 miles each way). It has a lot of nice features for an "entry level" car. Got the chrome package, love the Bluetooth and OnStar. Adults can sit in back seat - even with my seat back for driving! Manual seat has lumbar adjustment and pumps up and down for height adjustment - NICE!

Can be better
By Shirley on 06/24/10 10:25 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a lt sedan winter Olympic team Canada edition 2 months ago. Love all the options it comes with. The exterior has chrome package and spoiler which makes it look nice. I expected better gas mileage but it doesn't seem to differ from my old 1999 z24. Power wise, I find my cobalt lacking it when I accelerate. Perhaps it's because I was used to z24. However, I do love the quieter and smoother ride. I did notice some defects in the interior and exterior. The craftsmanship could be better. With the money I spent on it, I expect to see no flaws.

Very good car, and Fun to drive
By Duke on 05/16/10 03:01 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Good performance, enjoyable, and Fun to drive. I can get 29-30 mile per gallon.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan in NJ is:

$245 per month*