2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
2010 Coupe LS XFE
By mdobb21 on 02/13/11 10:41 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cobalt Coupe LS XFE in March of 2010, and am still very impressed. The fuel economy is incredible (I average 31 to 34, and this is mostly around-town driving.) The ride is smooth, the seats are comfortable, and the trunk is huge. The interior lacks some style (my gray interior is very bland), though the center stack buttons are laid out in a very efficient and easy-to-use fashion. Considering it's a 2-door, front- and side-visibility are very good, but rear view is blocked by the giant trunk's lid. The headlights are decent. Many people complain about it's reliability, but proper maintenance eliminates most of those problems. I have had none.

2 Door Coupe quick and sporty.
By chevyguy on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased a 2007 Malibu for my mother and it has been a good car for her, so I purchased the 2010 Cobalt for myself. I haven't driven Chevy products for many years, but have been impressed by my 2 door LT Cobalt. It is a fun little car to drive, handles well, and has plenty of get up and go. Fit and finish are much better the past Chevy's. Many features included that you would expect to be on a much more expensive car. Shifts smooth given the fact that it is a 4 speed auto. Handles and rides well, hope it continues to perform well with many miles put on.

Cobalt LT Coupe
By Gregory Butta on 08/04/10 16:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I'm 18 years old and needed a reliable car to go back and forth to college. I looked at the usual, the civic, corolla, or the focus. I liked the Cobalt better then all of them and the build quality on my 2010 is just as nice as the foreign cars. I would recommend this car to anyone.

mpg with efe
By scooby1234 on 07/30/10 07:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe XFE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Very peppy, I am getting average 27 mpg in the city have not went on long trip yet, it said that some people will get up to 44 mpg on the highway. Can't wait. This xfe, lt, has a lot of get up and go with the five speed. No drag when I turn the air conditioning on like some of the other 4cl cars I test drove. I now have 1500 miles on her!

All the Options - Lower $
By Kimers on 07/25/10 16:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Lease was up on my '06 4 dr Mazda 3 (loaded) - Had to get my payments down. Saving $50 a month by purchasing the Cobalt. Went with the 2010 2 dr Cobalt LT, black, Olympic Team option, chrome accents, Loaded.My driving habits are mostly city driving.Used to having a 4 dr so 2 dr is going to take a little getting used to. The only option the Cobalt is missing that the Mazda had is auto wipers-Chev sales person said auto wipers only come in Cadillacs. 2010 is going to be the last year GM is making the Cobalt. So if you are ok driving around a car which is going to be outdated right away, even though there are a lot of them on the road, that is why there are such good deals to be found.

A very nice car
By S&N on 06/19/10 02:50 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is just a tight & quiet as any larger passenger vehicle I could find. The fuel economy is excellent on the highway with the 4 speed automatic. The stereo is very good & has the bluetooth option. The value for the money is terrific. I would recommend this car to anyone in the market for a smaller fuel efficient car.

Great Deal
By Lee on 05/16/10 01:06 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe XFE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got this XFE with the LT interior. The seats are very comfortable. My gas mileage is double that of my minivan. The transition was a little stiff new, but 2000 miles later is OK. Great deal for the money.

Cobalt XFE Coupe - Manual
By TalYvan on 04/30/10 13:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe XFE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 120 mi daily driving, most of it is on express ways, so here it goes. The goods: Transmission, Engine, MPG. This car gets the MPG that your right foot dictates, you drive hard, you get less, drive at the limit, and is outstanding. The tranny/engine are pretty decent but Manual is the way to go, I'd be afraid of it in automatic. The bad: OEM Tires!, I guess that GM tried to get better MPG using these tires that are super soft on the walls and don't have any grip, they're terrible. Breaks, they felt really soft in the beginning, 5500K mi. later they get decent. Rear view. Do No Get The Spoiler! period. Seat comfort. I had an Aveo SVM before that was way more comfortable.

Went for seconds!
By sonnidaze on 04/28/10 07:48 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a 2006 LT and it was a very safe and fun car to drive. I loved it so much I had to drive to Newnan Ga, from South Florida to purchase my 2010 as dealers here didn't want to deal. This one is essentially the SS..heated leather seats and all the bells and whistles but with an automatic tranny. I have noticed it seems the turning ratio is not as tight as the 2006, but getting used to it. Best car around for the buck.

Good Daily Driver
By Joe on 02/22/10 10:22 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe XFE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for only a few weeks, but I have to say as a get up and go to work car, it does great. I especially love passing the gas station by.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe in VA is:

$148 per month*