Used 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

2010 Coupe LS XFE
By mdobb21

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cobalt Coupe LS XFE in March of 2010, and am still very impressed. The fuel economy is incredible (I average 31 to 34, and this is mostly around-town driving.) The ride is smooth, the seats are comfortable, and the trunk is huge. The interior lacks some style (my gray interior is very bland), though the center stack buttons are laid out in a very efficient and easy-to-use fashion. Considering it's a 2-door, front- and side-visibility are very good, but rear view is blocked by the giant trunk's lid. The headlights are decent. Many people complain about it's reliability, but proper maintenance eliminates most of those problems. I have had none.

Ride, fuel economy, transmission (5-speed manual), trunk space, exterior styling, practical layout of interior controls

Rear visibility, interior blandness, uninspiring driving experience, no ABS on my car (optional on LS and LT)

2 Door Coupe quick and sporty.
By chevyguy

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased a 2007 Malibu for my mother and it has been a good car for her, so I purchased the 2010 Cobalt for myself. I haven't driven Chevy products for many years, but have been impressed by my 2 door LT Cobalt. It is a fun little car to drive, handles well, and has plenty of get up and go. Fit and finish are much better the past Chevy's. Many features included that you would expect to be on a much more expensive car. Shifts smooth given the fact that it is a 4 speed auto. Handles and rides well, hope it continues to perform well with many miles put on.

Multiple information display with temperature, instant fuel economy, miles to empty, etc. XM/Sirrus stereo with aux. connection. Handles well and ride quality is good, low engine noise. Fuel economy is great averaging over 29 mpg with automatic. Good warranty.

Cup holders to small, and too close to climate system. ABS should be standard on all models and well as traction control.

Cobalt LT Coupe
By Gregory Butta

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I'm 18 years old and needed a reliable car to go back and forth to college. I looked at the usual, the civic, corolla, or the focus. I liked the Cobalt better then all of them and the build quality on my 2010 is just as nice as the foreign cars. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Mp3 Jack, the power

The LT should come with rims

mpg with efe
By scooby1234

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe XFE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Very peppy, I am getting average 27 mpg in the city have not went on long trip yet, it said that some people will get up to 44 mpg on the highway. Can't wait. This xfe, lt, has a lot of get up and go with the five speed. No drag when I turn the air conditioning on like some of the other 4cl cars I test drove. I now have 1500 miles on her!

All are good but had to ad some dealer installed accessories to fit me. The paint is so nice (crystal red tint coat) have not seen another one.

i put a spoiler and a power sun roof in and on the LT-XFE before i took delivery. the scratch repair kit is special order only and very pricey.

All the Options - Lower $
By Kimers

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Lease was up on my '06 4 dr Mazda 3 (loaded) - Had to get my payments down. Saving $50 a month by purchasing the Cobalt. Went with the 2010 2 dr Cobalt LT, black, Olympic Team option, chrome accents, Loaded.My driving habits are mostly city driving.Used to having a 4 dr so 2 dr is going to take a little getting used to. The only option the Cobalt is missing that the Mazda had is auto wipers-Chev sales person said auto wipers only come in Cadillacs. 2010 is going to be the last year GM is making the Cobalt. So if you are ok driving around a car which is going to be outdated right away, even though there are a lot of them on the road, that is why there are such good deals to be found.

simple dash set up(gauges).New to me: Remote Trunk release not found on "06 Mazda & new to vehicles the past 2-3 yrs AUX/USB, Bluetooth, XM , ON STAR, Styling, quiet ride, cornering, Hwy acceleration, good MPG, Interior space once the key is out of of the ignition you still have pwr

More Storage in Center Console, When about 70 km left in the tank INFO Center overwrites the mileage left with a message “Fuel Range Low” I would rather it tell me how much mileage left.