Used 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

mpg with efe
By scooby1234

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Very peppy, I am getting average 27 mpg in the city have not went on long trip yet, it said that some people will get up to 44 mpg on the highway. Can't wait. This xfe, lt, has a lot of get up and go with the five speed. No drag when I turn the air conditioning on like some of the other 4cl cars I test drove. I now have 1500 miles on her!

Favorite Features

All are good but had to ad some dealer installed accessories to fit me. The paint is so nice (crystal red tint coat) have not seen another one.

Suggested Improvements

i put a spoiler and a power sun roof in and on the LT-XFE before i took delivery. the scratch repair kit is special order only and very pricey.

Great Deal
By Lee

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got this XFE with the LT interior. The seats are very comfortable. My gas mileage is double that of my minivan. The transition was a little stiff new, but 2000 miles later is OK. Great deal for the money.

Favorite Features

On Star system, manual trany, the LT package. Gas mileage. Price. Audio input jack.

Suggested Improvements

Could be hatchback. The doors could be few inches shorter - impossible to fully open while parked in parking lot. Not eligible for turn by turn navigation? The system is in, why not use it?

Cobalt XFE Coupe - Manual
By TalYvan

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 120 mi daily driving, most of it is on express ways, so here it goes. The goods: Transmission, Engine, MPG. This car gets the MPG that your right foot dictates, you drive hard, you get less, drive at the limit, and is outstanding. The tranny/engine are pretty decent but Manual is the way to go, I'd be afraid of it in automatic. The bad: OEM Tires!, I guess that GM tried to get better MPG using these tires that are super soft on the walls and don't have any grip, they're terrible. Breaks, they felt really soft in the beginning, 5500K mi. later they get decent. Rear view. Do No Get The Spoiler! period. Seat comfort. I had an Aveo SVM before that was way more comfortable.

Favorite Features

MPG, Radio is pretty decent (although the USB input does not work with Zune), Price (too many incentives around, play it well and you can get the car for less than 10K - I got it for $8K);

Suggested Improvements

Handling, Breaks, OEM Tires, Rear Mirror View, Side Mirrors, Seat comfort. Doors are way too heavy. Telescopic wheel adjustment could help the seat comfort shortage.

Good Daily Driver
By Joe

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for only a few weeks, but I have to say as a get up and go to work car, it does great. I especially love passing the gas station by.

Favorite Features

XFE = HAPPY

Suggested Improvements

I really wouldn't cost that much to make the car a little more sophisticated with a little better quality interior