2010 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
By harleyrider4 on 06/04/13 06:55 AM (PDT)

I bought my 2010 cobalt from a Chevrolet dealer. Right from the begining I had problems. First I found a few things wrong covered under warranty. The problem is they ordered the wrong weatherstrip 4 times and the dealership is 45 minutes away. The same dealer also had printed its own window sticker that stated the car has traction control and ABS which I found out last winter it doesn't. Now the best part on May 13 2013 The Ignition Key is Stuck in the Run position. Took it to a different dealer since I could Not Shut Car Off. 220.00 dollars for a new Ign. lock cylinder. GM knows this is a common problem! I made a complant with GM. After jerking me around for three weeks they denied my claim

2010 Chevy Cobalt
By dennie75 on 12/17/12 19:00 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a good car. Besides having to fix a few things. The check engine light came on first and there was a leak in the fuel hose connected to the tank. The fuel tank was replaced. Then started to notice a noise/clicking every time I turned the fan on and had to replace the motor for the fan in the front because a blade was broken on the motor. Next had to pay to replace the front right strut because it was leaking. Most recently water was leaking into car change drawer near drivers side and also dripping down to floor. The seals needed to be done again and hopefully I will not have anymore problems anytime soon. Good luck to other cobalt owners and hope the cars run with less issues.

One to many problem in under two years and fusterated.
By leah5324 on 04/04/12 11:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had numerous problems with my 2010 chevy cobalt. Currently the key is stuck in the ignition and will not turn back so the car will not shut off and I am at the dealership now to get it fixed. Before that We have had multiple problems with the computer and it has been replaced once and suggested to be replaced again. The car was hitching and would not go over 10 mile per hour. This has happened three times and they replaced some computer part the first time and reset the computer the 2-3 time. Now the car still hitches ever so often especially is the air conditioning is on and the check engine light comes on a lot for no reason I have had it checked a couple of times and it was nothing

2010 Coupe LS XFE
By mdobb21 on 02/13/11 10:41 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cobalt Coupe LS XFE in March of 2010, and am still very impressed. The fuel economy is incredible (I average 31 to 34, and this is mostly around-town driving.) The ride is smooth, the seats are comfortable, and the trunk is huge. The interior lacks some style (my gray interior is very bland), though the center stack buttons are laid out in a very efficient and easy-to-use fashion. Considering it's a 2-door, front- and side-visibility are very good, but rear view is blocked by the giant trunk's lid. The headlights are decent. Many people complain about it's reliability, but proper maintenance eliminates most of those problems. I have had none.

2 Door Coupe quick and sporty.
By chevyguy on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased a 2007 Malibu for my mother and it has been a good car for her, so I purchased the 2010 Cobalt for myself. I haven't driven Chevy products for many years, but have been impressed by my 2 door LT Cobalt. It is a fun little car to drive, handles well, and has plenty of get up and go. Fit and finish are much better the past Chevy's. Many features included that you would expect to be on a much more expensive car. Shifts smooth given the fact that it is a 4 speed auto. Handles and rides well, hope it continues to perform well with many miles put on.

Love this vehicle
By newowner on 08/25/10 07:47 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

So far, owning this vehicle has not only saved me money on gas, but has allowed me to take my family more places. Even though some may say that the interior is small, I feel that the space is great for the vehicle. The performance for the 2.2 L engine is great, I know no power but you don't buy a car like this for performance. I from Indiana to Ohio which is about 500 miles round trip and it is a really comfortable drive. All in all I would definitely recommend the Cobalt to anyone that is looking for a reliable vehicle and likes to travel alot without being hurt by gas prices. I put $20 in gas and by the time I filled up to come home I only put $12 to top off. Awesome car!

By XCOPPER on 08/16/10 20:43 PM (PDT)

Bought this car Brand new off the lot. 275 miles later the stereo volume control wouldn't work. buttons wouldn't work. They replaced with a new one, Parts guy stated there were several ordered because of this problem. Gas Mileage isn't as great as they tell you. Might be because its still breaking in, not sure. City I am getting around 19-21 MPG. I test drove the same model before I got this one ( it had 500 miles on it ) the A/C was not working.

I don't understand
By overrevv on 08/07/10 17:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

When I read the reviews, most talk about the small interior. If you are under 6'2", there is nothing wrong with the front seating. And contrary to the reviews, the front seats are VERY comfortable. This car is not designed for adults in the back seat. It is an ENTRY level vehicle. That means a young couple starting a family will have plenty of room in the back for precious cargo. Personally, I like the exterior styling. I have a sedan with a rear spoiler and it looks great. Overall, I am very impressed with the overall quality and performance in all areas.

Cobalt LT Coupe
By Gregory Butta on 08/04/10 16:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I'm 18 years old and needed a reliable car to go back and forth to college. I looked at the usual, the civic, corolla, or the focus. I liked the Cobalt better then all of them and the build quality on my 2010 is just as nice as the foreign cars. I would recommend this car to anyone.

mpg with efe
By scooby1234 on 07/30/10 07:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Very peppy, I am getting average 27 mpg in the city have not went on long trip yet, it said that some people will get up to 44 mpg on the highway. Can't wait. This xfe, lt, has a lot of get up and go with the five speed. No drag when I turn the air conditioning on like some of the other 4cl cars I test drove. I now have 1500 miles on her!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt in VA is:

$148 per month*