Used 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

GM and dealership still needs work.
By harleyrider4

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2010 cobalt from a Chevrolet dealer. Right from the begining I had problems. First I found a few things wrong covered under warranty. The problem is they ordered the wrong weatherstrip 4 times and the dealership is 45 minutes away. The same dealer also had printed its own window sticker that stated the car has traction control and ABS which I found out last winter it doesn't. Now the best part on May 13 2013 The Ignition Key is Stuck in the Run position. Took it to a different dealer since I could Not Shut Car Off. 220.00 dollars for a new Ign. lock cylinder. GM knows this is a common problem! I made a complant with GM. After jerking me around for three weeks they denied my claim

Favorite Features

Favorite features include getting me for point A to point B. I also like being able to remove key from the ignition.

Suggested Improvements

Make a cup holder that dosen't spill hot coffee on you when turning. Also make the seats more comfortable. Watchout for XM radio. When your Free trail is over they pounce on your credit card. XM radio charged me for three years at once. $270.00. Which I'am still waiting for a refund on my credit card!

2010 Chevy Cobalt
By dennie75

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a good car. Besides having to fix a few things. The check engine light came on first and there was a leak in the fuel hose connected to the tank. The fuel tank was replaced. Then started to notice a noise/clicking every time I turned the fan on and had to replace the motor for the fan in the front because a blade was broken on the motor. Next had to pay to replace the front right strut because it was leaking. Most recently water was leaking into car change drawer near drivers side and also dripping down to floor. The seals needed to be done again and hopefully I will not have anymore problems anytime soon. Good luck to other cobalt owners and hope the cars run with less issues.

One to many problem in under two years and fusterated.
By leah5324

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had numerous problems with my 2010 chevy cobalt. Currently the key is stuck in the ignition and will not turn back so the car will not shut off and I am at the dealership now to get it fixed. Before that We have had multiple problems with the computer and it has been replaced once and suggested to be replaced again. The car was hitching and would not go over 10 mile per hour. This has happened three times and they replaced some computer part the first time and reset the computer the 2-3 time. Now the car still hitches ever so often especially is the air conditioning is on and the check engine light comes on a lot for no reason I have had it checked a couple of times and it was nothing

Favorite Features

I think that it is comfortable and it drives nice when its working properly. I also like the way it looks.

2010 Coupe LS XFE
By mdobb21

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cobalt Coupe LS XFE in March of 2010, and am still very impressed. The fuel economy is incredible (I average 31 to 34, and this is mostly around-town driving.) The ride is smooth, the seats are comfortable, and the trunk is huge. The interior lacks some style (my gray interior is very bland), though the center stack buttons are laid out in a very efficient and easy-to-use fashion. Considering it's a 2-door, front- and side-visibility are very good, but rear view is blocked by the giant trunk's lid. The headlights are decent. Many people complain about it's reliability, but proper maintenance eliminates most of those problems. I have had none.

Favorite Features

Ride, fuel economy, transmission (5-speed manual), trunk space, exterior styling, practical layout of interior controls

Suggested Improvements

Rear visibility, interior blandness, uninspiring driving experience, no ABS on my car (optional on LS and LT)

2 Door Coupe quick and sporty.
By chevyguy

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased a 2007 Malibu for my mother and it has been a good car for her, so I purchased the 2010 Cobalt for myself. I haven't driven Chevy products for many years, but have been impressed by my 2 door LT Cobalt. It is a fun little car to drive, handles well, and has plenty of get up and go. Fit and finish are much better the past Chevy's. Many features included that you would expect to be on a much more expensive car. Shifts smooth given the fact that it is a 4 speed auto. Handles and rides well, hope it continues to perform well with many miles put on.

Favorite Features

Multiple information display with temperature, instant fuel economy, miles to empty, etc. XM/Sirrus stereo with aux. connection. Handles well and ride quality is good, low engine noise. Fuel economy is great averaging over 29 mpg with automatic. Good warranty.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders to small, and too close to climate system. ABS should be standard on all models and well as traction control.