Used 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Good Value for a Commuter Car
By Troy Crawford

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car as a commuter vehicle and it has not disappointed. I needed to be able to squeeze 3 kids in the backseat in a pinch, but knew that 95% of the time it would me driving to or for work alone. To be clear, it is a cheap car - the interior is not fancy, it comes with very few features and it does not have the performance of the 250hp sports car. However, it does get from A to B reliably and I have had no maintenance issues and my actual mileage is around 34 mpg. To be clear, if you are attempting to impress dates or beat people of the line, it is not the car for you. If you are looking to for a cheap sedan which for a daily driver which can fit a few passengers in a pinch, you are going to be hard pressed to find a better value.

SS = Super Sport or Super Steal
By R.D. Hesler

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

WOW what a fun car! Turbo kicks in FAST! Bought a stage 1 kit to boost HP another 30 HP from 260 HP to 290 HP! I love the RPD (reconfigurable performance display) allows the driver manipulation of traction control, stability control, "shift points", and the engagement of Competition Mode, as well as information regarding the car's engine torque and horsepower, g-force, boost, wideband air fuel ratio, barometric pressure, temperature, and battery voltage. This little rocket ship will fly. I love beating those wanna-be fast & furious car!! Fun for a old guy like me. I see GM performance is dropping this turbo engine( refined to 275 HP) into their 2016 base Camaro.

Love This Car
By bjdittberner1@madisoncollege.edu

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this Car with 75,000 Miles on it. Car Has Never Had an warranty submissions on it. I am A certified mechanic so I know cars in and out. There is a few minor problems like water getting in threw the front windows seals causing the front speakers to go in and out at times. And The Seal On The Front Headlights Can Go out letting moisture fill up the lens. Only 50$ to replace and I did it myself. NOTHING MAJOR. THese cars are bullet proof. Nothing mechanically has ever went wrong with this car at 85,000 miles already.

A cheap, but reliable daily driver.
By Bob Porter

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car, an LS Coupe when GM was offering deep discounts to clear inventory in its final production year. In that regards, I got an excellent price on a mediocre vehicle. My son like the sporty looks of the coupe, but its tiny trunk opening and wide doors are significant drawbacks and I would have preferred the 4 door. However, after 5 years of driving, it has been very reliable and gets pretty good fuel economy. As it likely has little trade in value, we will likely keep it for another winter, as equipped with proper winter tires, it gets us through the cold Canadian snowy season. It is very comfortable for 2 hour drives but would not be our choice for a long road trip.

Reliable, relatively smooth and quiet, decent fuel economy

As this model is long out of production, no comment

GM and dealership still needs work.
By harleyrider4

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2010 cobalt from a Chevrolet dealer. Right from the begining I had problems. First I found a few things wrong covered under warranty. The problem is they ordered the wrong weatherstrip 4 times and the dealership is 45 minutes away. The same dealer also had printed its own window sticker that stated the car has traction control and ABS which I found out last winter it doesn't. Now the best part on May 13 2013 The Ignition Key is Stuck in the Run position. Took it to a different dealer since I could Not Shut Car Off. 220.00 dollars for a new Ign. lock cylinder. GM knows this is a common problem! I made a complant with GM. After jerking me around for three weeks they denied my claim

Favorite features include getting me for point A to point B. I also like being able to remove key from the ignition.

Make a cup holder that dosen't spill hot coffee on you when turning. Also make the seats more comfortable. Watchout for XM radio. When your Free trail is over they pounce on your credit card. XM radio charged me for three years at once. $270.00. Which I'am still waiting for a refund on my credit card!

• SUV