A Great First Car, Easy Manual
By redschecter on
2009 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
I got this car back in May as my first car. I had to learn how to drive stick, but this car was easy to learn on. This car is fun and comfortable to drive and, in my opinion, looks much nicer than any other vehicle in this price range. I'm only 5'11" and I hit my head on the ceiling while sitting in the back but who cares, I wont ever have to sit back there, she's mine. The biggest issue I've had so far was with the dashboard, after six weeks it started rattling loudly. My local dealer said the problem was with the original design of the dashboard, which causes it to warp, and they improvised a solution. Of course, the repair was free. A dash-mat will make the interior look much nicer.
Favorite Features
Comfortable, decent sound system, easy clutch and stick, large trunk (fit most of my apartment in there, minus the furniture of course) avoided several accidents at a local interchange thanks to good brakes despite lack of ABS. 32 mpg avg for me!
Suggested Improvements
move the front cup holders back an inch or two. Chevy needs to kill its labor unions so that they can focus on quality control, a panel screw fell on my foot a few weeks ago, oddly enough, nothing's missing any screw so it must've just been left there from the factory.